• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Northwest Wisconsin - Sawyer/Bayfield/Ashland Counties

Bontz

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
40+
Snowmobile
2022 XCR 650 (if it ever shows up!)
Hopefully people who ride this area can help with updates on how things are going up there. We were in that area Saturday, to drop off my buddy's sled at the cabin, and although there wasn't much for snow it looked like ice was setting up nicely. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we start seeing some snow by the Holidays and then it's "game on!" for the remainder of the season.

I see most of the lakes are either staked, or WILL BE, by this week (Hayward/Cable). So that's a positive, and the fact there's been minimal snow means the ice is actually good this season. Now we just need about 6" up there to make it pretty good for the trails!!

Sounds like all the lakes are all staked except for LCO. We pretty much ran all the lakes (including Big Round) after X-mas. Definitely some of the best early ice in awhile. A friend of mine said this was the most traffic on Round lake prior to staking that he has ever seen. They ended up staking the lake on Monday after NYE.

The area just needs about 3-5" of fresh snow to make the trails above average. 6-8" would be great! The trails got pretty beat up during holiday week with a lot of people riding and minimal snow.

Back
Top Bottom