• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Nytro motor vs 800 HO motor

Wheelz

I am coming off a 09 nytro xtx. I absolutley loved the motor but the rest of it not so much. Last week I ordered a Pro S 800. Just wondering how much stronger the 800 is than the nytro.

I never got to drive the Nytro but my bud love his.. I can tell ya the Axys is not the lake runner my Apex was for top end but it took alot of lake to get it there. I had a love hate relationship with my old Apex.

Attachments

• 5845_n.jpg
    5845_n.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 554
The 800 destroys the nytro all the way.Obvisoly it is a diffrent feel I have owned a few nytro and also lined up against them.I have a 2014 so it's a few hp less then the axys.

I have seen your videos you my friend had a very good running Nytro. Ya My Apex needed room to run 127 on the bs meter

I am keeping my nytro, the wifes nytro is up for sale (which is also a very good runner).. i will see how this polaris works out for us.. My thought was to go with the 600 for her, slow her down a bit in a straight line, but have her be faster in the twisties and bumps..

I had a few things done to my nytro and it ran pretty good. I had 14.5mm rollers and YPY spring with backcountry track and gearing dropped one tooth. I ran my buddies stock 2013 xf800 and we were ski to ski for about 1300 feet (ran out of room then). I also ran a 2014 800 assault and was about 2-2.5 lengths in front of him until my nytro ran out of top end, He then passed me. I ran a 2007 (I think) yamaha attack as well and had no problem getting him to about 80 mph but then he would start gaining on me.

Will I be impressed with this 800 HO?

Edit: top speed with this set up was 95 mph on GPS

Last edited:
The Nytro is faster (quicker) than all 600 class sleds but slower than all 800 class sleds. Every shootout AMSnow has done proves this and the AXYS 800 is the fastest of them all weighing 100 less pounds than the Nytro. You should be impressed

I am keeping my nytro, the wifes nytro is up for sale (which is also a very good runner).. i will see how this polaris works out for us.. My thought was to go with the 600 for her, slow her down a bit in a straight line, but have her be faster in the twisties and bumps..

I like the viper, if Yamaha had it with factory hp at 170 hp. I'd buy one

The Nytro is faster (quicker) than all 600 class sleds but slower than all 800 class sleds. Every shootout AMSnow has done proves this and the AXYS 800 is the fastest of them all weighing 100 less pounds than the Nytro. You should be impressed

800 polaris assault with a 144 ice ripper vs the wife on her Nytro with a muffler, stock 1.25 ripsaw track no studs..but as I said, my nytros run very well..not bad for weighing 100lbs more and down 25hp..

That must be a week sba.A few of my buddies have them including me.With some clutching they really rip.
My buddy had a nytro with a hurricane kit and was way faster then stock nytro but the Sba still pulled away after about 30ft And ran against many axys and they slightly pull away from mine.

the nytro motor is really in between the 6 and 8s. its really a solid 700 2 stroke motor if anyone made one

in the trail class the Nytro has to be the best 4 stroke on the trail IMO:). But I love my Axys SB 800 what a blast to drive:D

First time I posted with a phone!!!:cool:

My Nytro xtx was a real good runner. With the 144" studded track combined with the clutch kit and that sled was one quick sled. My bud still has his 09 RTX SE and his and my Nytro would give a lot of 800's fits in a short race. If it was a long race the 800's would start pulling away of course but short races and corner to corner the Fx Nytro did/does very well.
Now that being said...I had my clutched SR Viper RTX running pretty even (low thru mid...he had me on top) with the 09 Fx Nytro but my brothers 2015 800 renegade dusted me by two sled lengths to 500ft.

Last edited:
they are not even in the same zip code

Agreed!! I have had two Nytro's and loved them both. But speed wise handling wise and just really any riding the Axys 800 will smoke it hands down! The 800 H.O. Hauls ass and I'm 250 pounds and I keep right up with most. I lost to a turbo Viper pretty good, did the stage two slp Kit and now I'm right on the turbo Vipers ass!! Plus it's much more fun to ride and jump. It's just a way better Sled!! But speed is a world of difference.

Back
Top Bottom