• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Offset idler wheels on Pro-S Switchbacks - leave as is?

trdehmer

I know its probably been discussed before, but the first three rows of idler wheels are offset from the opposite side on the Switchback Pro-S from the factory - why? What is the purpose/benefit?

I would think it would stress the bearings different from one side to the next, I would also think that if the front row of idler wheels was in the forward most hole on both sides, a person might get more studs contacting the ground??

Thoughts?

This has been brought up before. The reason they are offset is the cancel out harmonic vibrations, at least that is what Polaris is claiming. So they are supposed to be like that.
Some guys have remounted the idlers so they line up side to side with no noticeable increase in high speed vibration. They did this to facilitate mounting scratchers more towards the front of the skid.

I've had them relocated to facilitate xtra wheel kit etc. absolutely O neg. effect. No problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom