• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Oil consumption

Mnfordtech

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
99 XCR 800
Hi. New to the forum and I was wondering if someone could help me out with a little problem. I have a 99 XCR triple and the PTO side cylinder is going through a lot of oil. I tested the intake mounted check valve for this cylinder and it tested OK. Is the brass elbow above the crank bearing on this side a check valve? Polaris calls it an elbow.

How do you know it is using too much oil? Just curious how you tested that.

Unburned fuel will wash and mix with carbon in the porting and pipe. When that happens it turns into, and appears to be, a oily mess. You should check and make sure that's not happening.

Unburned fuel will wash and mix with carbon in the porting and pipe. When that happens it turns into, and appears to be, a oily mess. You should check and make sure that's not happening.
I'm pretty sure it's oil. And it smokes excessively also. I will check that though. Next fall - put it to bed for the summer.

I just bought a 2001 polaris 600 RMK.it is doing the same thing as mnfordtech machine.so what does a guy do ?

Have the needle & seat pressure tested. Check choke adjustment. If the cylinder that is wet is the cylinder the impulse line for the fuel pump hooks up to check the fuel pump diaphragm for holes.

Back
Top Bottom