• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Oil Drain plug and ChainCase removal ?s

OutCast

Asking for a Friend, I havent worked on an AXYS yet, so are you guys self tapping a drain plug for the chain case?
And for removing the chaincase cover what are you doing to get the cover off due to no clearance to pull it off?
Thanks

Cover comes off easy. Remove the muffler, brake caliper, remove bolts that attach the belly pan under the chain case the slide out the cover and roll the bottom forward and slide it off. Best ti extract the oil first and also have the sled tipped onto the left side. When I did mine I rinsed the inside out with brake clean and sucked it out with my brake bleeder.

Not really enough meat to tap for a plug. I use a Mighty Vac and suck all the oil out through the fill hole. Then go through the process to remove the cover, and clean out with brake clean like Jet says above. I don't tip sled on the side though. Little to no mess to clean. Just keep some rags and newspaper handy.

Last edited:
Believe me none of us AXYS owners were happy when we found this out in fall of 2014

Back
Top Bottom