• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Oil price$

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 switchback pro s 800
so I'm not gonna beat this up anymore then what is. I can get redline #531189 for $50 gallon. So what do you guys think, and if so is it a better oil than ves? New sled 0 miles

Simple answer...

Stick to VES oil and be done with it. It has a ton of engineering in it and is designed for these motors specifically. And it's cheaper than the Redline by a few bucks. You can usually get a dealer to sell you in bulk by bringing empty gallon jugs for around $40/gallon.

I personally got lucky and hit the jackpot this summer and scored 36 gallons of VES (all cases of 6 quarts [1.5 gal per gase]) for $22/gallon at a dealer that got put in the hot seat and liquidated inventory. I should be good for a few years! Couldn't pass the opportunity up, even though it was a lot of money spent on oil all at once.

So needless to say, I'm running VES for a while...I will keep everyone posted on engine, as I expect to have miles adding up quickly if we have a good winter and if my knee allows me to ride. Bought sled March 4th and have 1500 miles on her already. Expecting at least to hit 5k by end of season. Will be interesting to see how she holds up and what it looks like when miles get up around the 5k mark.

Yeah Nick good deal! But I'm still trying to get beat bang for my buck. You say Ves cuz you have a refinery under your belt for cheap lol.

Best oil and bang for the buck is ves race oil. Red label and cap. Its got more additives in it for even more protection under harsher conditions along with more detergents for cleaning. Like said previous we spend hundreds of hours and tons of money on engineering and developing the oil for the new 800 motors. It will out perform

Be sporting Shell Advance Syn in my '16 800. Put tens of thousands of miles on my Cats running it with no issues, will be my oil of choice for this one as well.

Pro S, are you the guy that said there was going to be a new oil from Polaris this season?

I dont know anything but those guys on HCS must. Obviously a dealer wont know anything untill a part number released. Ill let you know when there is.

I dont know anything but those guys on HCS must. Obviously a dealer wont know anything untill a part number released. Ill let you know when there is.

It was a question, not a accusation. Plenty of guys post on both sites. Everyone is not out to cause arguments.

It was a question, not a accusation. Plenty of guys post on both sites. Everyone is not out to cause arguments.

Why the confusion?
It was posted new Polaris extreme oil coming out I believe in July.
Not a big deal if it is not coming out this year.

And to finally answer the new oil questions . We did blend a new oil. Been testing ever since last dec. We finished testing and development in july. Thats when i gave upu guys the tip about the new oil. We then sent 20 gals of oil to polaris for final approval. Last i heard we are about to get the go ahead to make it. Like i said im the other post it wont be available till oct/nov or early dec at dealers. Dealers wont know because there isnt a part number for it and we dont tell them about new oil testing. Trust me there will be a new oil. Its already in both of my sleds

Back
Top Bottom