• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Oil tank vent?? Need or no?

Poopoo4me

I put the vent kit from northstarrick over on HCS on my Pro-r but didn't think the need was there on the axys because of how the oil cap sits flat now instead of angle liek the pro. Anyone venting these oil tanks on the axys? Who's kit are you using?

So far people are saying the axys design is better and no problems but some people are still switching to fool proof setup the Polaris still uses same style cap I believe it is just sits flatter now. I'm not going as far as drill tank and so on but I am going to put a ski doo cap on.

Yes, the oil cap's used on the AXYS is vented. The problem is this....if you get oil into the .050 hole in the cap or ice from moisture it won't vent properly, thus creating a possible air bubble in the line. I simply reduce or eliminate this possibility by venting the oil tank. Is it imperative that this done, no. It's subjective to each person. I do it for piece of mind.

So far people are saying the axys design is better and no problems but some people are still switching to fool proof setup the Polaris still uses same style cap I believe it is just sits flatter now. I'm not going as far as drill tank and so on but I am going to put a ski doo cap on.
I take it the skidoo cap has a better vent.

There is also a John Deere cap, used on fuel tanks, that also works. JD part # GX22166. The pic is on my 2015 Indy 600. works same on a AXYS.
JDcap (3).JPG

http://www.amazon.com/John-Deere-Original-Equipment-GX22166/dp/B00CAXN8AY

One thing about this JD cap. If you r on the side or upside down. It will weep out. How much I can't say. Others and the guy that turned me on to this cap, say it is extremely minimal even if on it's side for extended length of time. Something to keep in mind, but unless you turn your sled over and leave it there I would not be concerned at all. I'm not.

anyone have the part # for ordering a Ski-doo oil cap that will fit my 14 Pro? Not so sure about the JD cap. They might be close to the same. I dont
want to vent my tank rather buy a new cap to be on the safer side

I don't have the doo # but Arctic Cat #is 2670-447 Around $10-$11.

well looks like alot use the other oil caps so I opt'ed for the John Deer cap just ordered 7.75 with shipping. will be better than the cap that came with it.

I drilled my stock polaris cap with the smallest drill bit i had. Does not leak all over the place.....vents. done.

Back
Top Bottom