• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

P2 question

racerdave

Staff member
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
since 1976
Snowmobile
AXYS Switcher 800,Indy600sp,XCSP600ves
Do all P2's have 3 holes in the face like this one? Are they for opening the clutch for belt removal?
p2sec.jpg

I have seen some P2's for sale that have the gold toned adjuster ring on the face like the last versions of the button secondary had. Should they all have the ring?

Are you sure it was a P2?

The roller secondary that Polaris made years back had that too

Yep. There are actually several P2's on EBay with the adjuster plate on them

Yep. There are actually several P2's on EBay with the adjuster plate on them
I believe that was Polaris's first design of the P2 clutch, I had one of them and the belt deflection idea with that plate in my opinion, could not hold up to the pressure of the compression spring used in this design, it flexed and didn't hold its shape and you were chasing the adjustment. There was a total of 3 different designs on the P2 clutch.

What were the 3 design differences? I know there was some P2's that had a keyway cut vs splined.

Yes I actually forgot about that one to, So I guess 4 then, so spline and also keyed, the first design with the nasty belt deflection design (2009) PN1322412, then the majority 2010-14 used PN1322827, then there was PN1323040 which used a different spring cup and was only used on a few models 2013-14, the more performance based models (Indy, Rush, and Switchbacks, and the keyed was PN1322934.

Back
Top Bottom