• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

PCV and Oil Injection

coryatver

I was thinking about this, so you mod your motor and it needs more fuel, which you can add using a PCV. But the ECU also is controlling the electric oil pump on the AXYS 800. So your adding fuel with the PCV but not more oil? How much more fuel can you add before you are running too lean?

Or is this something that I shouldn't worry about because it has plenty of oil in factory map that adding some fuel won't lean it out to much? Or would it be a good idea to mix some in tank? Which I don't even think would help because it won't get to where it needs to go being a motor designed for injection

I was thinking about this, so you mod your motor and it needs more fuel, which you can add using a PCV. But the ECU also is controlling the electric oil pump on the AXYS 800. So your adding fuel with the PCV but not more oil? How much more fuel can you add before you are running too lean?

Or is this something that I shouldn't worry about because it has plenty of oil in factory map that adding some fuel won't lean it out to much? Or would it be a good idea to mix some in tank? Which I don't even think would help because it won't get to where it needs to go being a motor designed for injection
That's a good question.

Ive thought about that to. I think i might throw on the bully dog from bikeman since i have all thier parts on anyways so i can inject more oil and then run a wide band a/f gauge so i can still tweak the tune thru the powercomander if i want

Most axys 800's use enough oil.
But.
You can set your oil 18 hour meter so your mod motor is getting more.
To much oil isn't good either. 32:1 is to much. Most axys I've seen are around 40:1.
I got a modded motor going in my 17.
I'm using a afr gauge, ejk to get afr to were I want it. That saves the motor and makes it reliable vs stock. That's on a Doo or poo.
Most times afr is 15:1 down low on a poo and 17:1 down low on a Doo. That's for better gas mileage and epa

Ya i dont have access to a digital wrench i could use. And i definitely and not going back to my dealer after they just fucked up my sled when it was just there

Back
Top Bottom