• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Perc Rev not working

Mark

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2011 600 iq shift
I have a 2011 600 IQ shift and all the sudden the Perc Rev is not working... compression is good, you hit the button and the motor revs down like it use to .. but just kills and does not go into Rev.

any ideas? things I can check before I have to take to the dealer

Whats the sled idling at before you press the reverse button? And the engine actually shuts down? If you did a compression test with a guage and its good, then check all connections. Take apart the block for the controls and make sure there's no corrosion in there and contact are good. Check all ECU connections, Throttle lever free play is sufficient? Meaning about a CC width for slack in the throttle? If this is is all good then you will have to have the TPS checked.

thank you Outcast... the sled starts just fine and idles around 1600-1700.. it runs fine wide open...

we went for a ride one weekend and sled would not start with elec start , so I grabbed the pull start... the recoil stuck out .. got the sled started with elec start.. the recoil would not go back in... tapped on it etc, ect... so I said well lets back this off the trailer and run it , it might break loose... WELL when I put i in rev it sucked the recoil back in the motor , broke the rope and plastic... I had to buy a new/used recoil.. Since then the REV has not worked. I wonder is there a FUSE that runs the Rev?

I just had my reverse on my Indy not working and it was the fuse.
There’s a cluster of wires above the clutch guard like in front of the shock tower (inside the belly pan)
There’s a black capped fuse holder that holds a 2amp fuse.

I just had my reverse on my Indy not working and it was the fuse.
There’s a cluster of wires above the clutch guard like in front of the shock tower (inside the belly pan)
There’s a black capped fuse holder that holds a 2amp fuse.

awesome I will check there.. thanks for the info

hmmmmmm can you help an old guy out ... not finding any fuses see photo

Attachments

• IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 3,266
Underneath the clutch guard. Like right below the Blue plug/coils but underside of the guard. You wont see a fuse, it will be a Black capped fuse holder. There's a cluster of wires in there, just move them around and its in there. I cant remember 100% on that model sled as I haven't worked on one in a while, but if you want to snap a pic from the side we can make sure that cluster of wires is there. It could also be on the top there, maybe those red wires as it looks like the end of those are capped.

I went out again and pulled apart elect connections and have not found any fuses... I looked "under" the belt guard and dont see anything .. again its a 2011 IQ shift.. See attached photo.. there was a big wiring harness in front of the shock tower but I pulled it apart and its just wires..

Attachments

• sled 2.jpg
    sled 2.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 4,444
so I called a polaris dealer and of course they said check compresson, belt tension etc... I told them I had 118psi in both cyl and took the belt off and it still would not work... THEN they tell me there are no fuses that would effect that....

Well I’ve had it happen like I said above.
Are you 100% sure in that cluster of wires by the shock tower there isn’t a wire that’s like dead ended and has a black cap on it? You have to pop the cap off to see the fuse.
That’s exactly where it’s at on all the 600/800 Pro Rode and AXYS Chassis sleds.
I am sure you are frustrated as it’s getting to be the same for me cause there is a fuse there somewhere!

am I looking for like a car fuse ? or smaller

I totally THANK YOU for all the help /advise you have been giving me... I just dont want to have to take it to the dealership and pay $200 for something simple

Thank you again..

It’s a mini style 2amp fuse but like I said it’s enclosed. Look for a wire that’s dead ended by a Black cap and has a clip you press to pop the cap off.
Post a pic of the wires all
Separated by the shock tower.

the big wiring harness is up by the pipe in front of the shock tower ... the other photos shows a "diagostic port"

again thank you so much for your time...

Attachments

• IMG_2274 front.JPG
    IMG_2274 front.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 1,295
  • IMG_2275.JPG
    IMG_2275.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 964
would you happen to have a photo of this fuse dead end wire on one of your sleds?

Pop that cap off with the purple clip on it. See if that’s it.
I am away working until next week so sorry I can’t get a pic of the fuse holder.

that was the diagonstic plug in... on the cap is says diagonostic.. and I took the cap off and no fuse

Ill have to do some research later on. It HAS to have a fuse.
I really hope that’s the problem after all this lol
But TPS could definately be the problem as well.

thanks again for your help

There’s anoher cluster of wires behind the steering post like right where the hood closes. Should be wrapped in a black Velcro stripped bag.
Have a look there.

ok will do ..

you go have a BEER you deserve it..........

Back
Top Bottom