• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

PIDD gauge

timebomb

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
‘16 SB 800 Pro S
who has one? how do you like it? is it as sweet as i think it is? i went with the 2 yr warranty and PIDD for my 16 snowcheck

who has one? how do you like it? is it as sweet as i think it is? i went with the 2 yr warranty and PIDD for my 16 snowcheck
I have the IDD gauge. I like it for trail maps and dropping way points. Its handy. The rpm, engine temp, and blue tooth is cool too. You pair your phone and get your text messages and phone calls, lol.
I'd be driving along and seen the woman is calling and texting, I can read the texts. But I never told her that, lol :);)

It's nice to when you can plan your trip! My wife planned two full days of riding from the computer room. And when we got to Munising the tracks she made pulled right up and we had a route all made up and never looked at a map. I think it's awesome! Plus with the new update to speed up the fuel gauge that will be nice! But ours came with the gauge and 4 year warranty. 2016 promotions weren't as good as 2015 to me. But the gauge is a very nice tool to have, once you get used to using it to it's full potential! And the directions are kind of hard to understand. And a lot of trial and error. But my wife figured it out and we had two great days of riding with never looking at a map!

I would like to see some pics of it in action...

Still debating wether to get the IDD or not...hmmmmm! $ 800.00 bucks is a bit steep.
I decided to save the money and also go with the 4-yr warranty instead of the IDD. Don't get me wrong I love everything about the IDD and I think it is an awesome option to be on a sled. But- at the end of the day when I think back...95% of the time I am on trails that I don't need a map or gps (iphone trail map). When we do need a map/gps we carry one. Imo, if you take a lot of trips and don't know the trail system the IDD will be very handy. I just figured I wouldn't use it much.

I am getting it for the Bluetooth capabilities. And the fact that u can download updates and install them through the gauge.

You know it's a better deal to get the Pro S LE if you want everything! But like me I want a SB so it's better to get the 4 year warranty. Because one or two things break or something your out that money with out the full warranty, then save up and add the IDD gauge after a year or so. But you still have that 4 year warranty which is better than a 2 year engine warranty with the gauge. The IDD gauge is nice and does really work! But if I didn't get it with my sled I wouldn't take away a 4 year warranty for it! I would just add it...

Well I guess I didn't think it through enough. Oh well. Too late now

Well I guess I didn't think it through enough. Oh well. Too late now

Well no worries, i think before your factory Polaris warranty runs out you can add, but its not cheap. The gauge is really cool and it has great features! its a little hard to figure out at first, but once you get the hang of it its simple! Hopefully the directions are better for 2016 than mine were! but there will be many questions on the gauge and plenty of help for that on here!

Dont worry to much, I beat the crap out of mine and it was never in the shop! Except for the 25 hour service. which the gauge will tell you, and the dealer just checks everything and changes chaincase oil. checks the track, and stuff. the track will ratchet once it loosens up, so bring a 15 mm wrench with you so you can tighten it up while on the trail. easy to do!

You know it's a better deal to get the Pro S LE if you want everything! But like me I want a SB so it's better to get the 4 year warranty. Because one or two things break or something your out that money with out the full warranty, then save up and add the IDD gauge after a year or so. But you still have that 4 year warranty which is better than a 2 year engine warranty with the gauge. The IDD gauge is nice and does really work! But if I didn't get it with my sled I wouldn't take away a 4 year warranty for it! I would just add it...
Good point.
if I was buying I would go with 4 year warranty and save for the gauge over the next year.
The only thing the IDD is missing is the recording/playback of the old gauges. That's handy for tuning.

I wouldn't have the sled without it , I like it that much , yea some of the numbers are small but its leaps and bounds above what the other guys got !!!

Back
Top Bottom