• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

PIDD gauge

That That's is sweet. I thought the viper one was nice. Makes it hard to wait a year

Lol.. Trust me the Polaris IDD gauge is much better, I had a Viper. And never having to look at a map again is just fine with me! I hated looking at maps everyTime a y in the trail came up.

I like the gauge for tracking your ride and then exporting it and seeing where you went. Only problem with that is the track will only go to 200 miles and then it asks to save or delete. I asked RiderX support and this is what I got
"Thank you for your email and your interest in our PIDD. Unfortunately there currently is not a way to save a longer ride. We are always striving to improve the user experience though and have passed this information on to our development team. Thank you for your feedback and keep enjoying the riding!"

I do like the gauge, where you really notice it is when you get on a sled with the old style gauge.

I like the gauge for tracking your ride and then exporting it and seeing where you went. Only problem with that is the track will only go to 200 miles and then it asks to save or delete. I asked RiderX support and this is what I got
"Thank you for your email and your interest in our PIDD. Unfortunately there currently is not a way to save a longer ride. We are always striving to improve the user experience though and have passed this information on to our development team. Thank you for your feedback and keep enjoying the riding!"

I do like the gauge, where you really notice it is when you get on a sled with the old style gauge.
I never did this yet as I was always asked by my IDD gauge if I wanted to save the file. I never saved one. If you do, would this just add onto the one you just saved??? If it stopped at that certain point, you would think it would start up again at that point????? i don't know as I never tried it:(

I never did this yet as I was always asked by my IDD gauge if I wanted to save the file. I never saved one. If you do, would this just add onto the one you just saved??? If it stopped at that certain point, you would think it would start up again at that point????? i don't know as I never tried it:(

I think if you don't save the ride then next time you start it will add on. This happened to me when I finished riding and when I got home and got playing around and powered up the IDD . I saved the track and exported it, uploaded to RiderX. It showed a straight line from the end of the ride to my home about 90 miles away.

I don't think it starts up right away either. Once you save or cancel it doesn't seem to pick it up from that spot. Maybe if you shut your sled off and start it again...

A couple of things ...

The IDD is "cool" for sure, there's no debating that. The map function is nice, but it has a lot of room for improvement - especially for guys who have been using a mounted GPS on their sleds the past few years. The Bluetooth enablement is also a neat feature, but there's some folks who feel like snowmoibling is the opportunity to get away from that type of stuff. I didn't use the Bluetooth last season, but a riding buddy did & he said it's nice - but definitely not needed. Also, if you're going to use it you will probably want to route your USB cable into the small storage compartment behind the windshield so you can keep your phone charged. Connecting to Bluetooth will drain your battery pretty quick .... at least it did in the area we were riding in Northwest Wisconsin for my buddy's Droid. I've always been a RPM and Temperature type of guy, so the IDD is definitely overkill, but I have to admit that after having it I have a very difficult time going back to the MFD. The MFD seems so outdated now, and just plain old.

Here's a Polaris Youtube clip of it:
First off hi Chris and welcome to the site. Thanks for the tip about charging your phone from the USB cable. I never even thought about that.

Back
Top Bottom