• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

pipe heat on dyno

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
polarispipeheat- Edited.jpg

This shows how important pipe heat is to make power. These are 3 separate runs. The red and the blue made only around 900-950 f degrees exhaust temp on dyno. The black line shows were the pipe made heat and carried power through. These polaris 800 ho motors need 1050 f degrees in exhaust temp to make power.

I just wanted to show the HUGE effect pipe heat has and the exhaust seal I've been talking about.

Nice chart!!
Guys don't understand the importance of some things. This is huge, and has a huge effect on the performance.

This is one of the reasons for the rpm loss/ drop.I'm not calling it fade, as that's internet chatter term only which isn't a true statement of what's going on.

I have seen pipe heat issues with poorly jetted 2 strokes. Its crazy how it can effect the power.

Ceramic coating is good to keep pipe heat in. BUT , you need a good seal from y pipe to pipe and pipe to muffler.
This chart is showing how the bad seal effects power.
The round grafoil seals need to fit snug and no leaks or your down power big time.

I was thinking of ceramic coating my stock exhaust.

I have done this on a few pipes back in the day and it helped with constancy in the sled power after jetting.

Back
Top Bottom