• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

pipe mod

Brock is there much improvement to a 2013 800 assault with the pipe mod GREAT SITE THX.
I haven't personally dyno'd one on a 2013 800. Port timing is close to the axys so it should work.

SSI DOES DO A PIPE MOD FOR THE ASSAULT I CALLED ERICH

Has anyone dyno'd a pro r pipe mod though to see the the gains.
The pro r pipe mid section is shorter then the axys so it should be better on top end.

IMAG0590.jpg
IMAG0589.jpg

the ssi pipe mod with heat shield back on.
Looks stock except for the stainless steel straps I had to use.

Ok, just found out Ted from terra alps racing made a pipe mod for the pro r 800 cfi2. Made 6 hp gain.

So axys pipe mode from ssi makes the same.

Good bang for the buck on both the pro r and axys 800. :Do_O

A little off topic but who does a decent pipe mod for a '13 600?
Has anyone done an independent dyno test to confirm gains?
Will a fuel controller be needed?

Pipe mods work on 800's so they will work on 600's too.

Somebody should try it on a dyno.

Sometimes a small reducer gains huge hp.;)

The Fusion 600 pipe mods was good for 6 or so hp. Not much difference in the Fuse carbed to 600 Injected motor. No reason it won't make similar gains on the injected600. Bike Man and SSI does the 600 pipe.

What are the down sides to a pipe mod?
Loss of torque somewhere in the power band?

What are the down sides to a pipe mod?
Loss of torque somewhere in the power band?
If a pipe mod is done properly there shouldn't be any disadvantage.
I did test an ssi pipe mod at dynotech and it made 6 hp gain. Terra Alps pipe mod did make 6 hp on the 2013 800 cfi2 motor.
For about $250.00 is not a bad way to gain 6 hp and a couple lbs. of torque .:D

My only concern would warranty?.....if you needed to take it in......hopefully they wouldn't notice.

How did the SLP pipe combo compare on the Axys 800 switch? They claimed 9 Hp. The other question I have is that SLP needed a resistor in the pipe sensor to force the ecu to add more fuel....so the pipe mod is safe with factory fuel map?

My only concern would warranty?.....if you needed to take it in......hopefully they wouldn't notice.

How did the SLP pipe combo compare on the Axys 800 switch? They claimed 9 Hp. The other question I have is that SLP needed a resistor in the pipe sensor to force the ecu to add more fuel....so the pipe mod is safe with factory fuel map?
The slp did 5 hp with their pipe and muffler. It did 6 hp with their pipe and stock muffler.
This was at dynotech and results we seen.
The resistor is tricking the ecu in different pipe temp and adding fuel at a higher rpm. It's a good thing to add fuel to were it's needed. Is it needed though??

Only in comparison to the Fuse600 pipes I had modded; The Axys 800 has the heat shield crimped on vs the long steel hose clamps holding the shields on, on the Fuse600. Not sure on the Indy 600 and 800? A sharp dealer/tech could spot that the shield was un crimped, and bust ya.

Last edited:
Only if they can prove the pipe mod caused the damage,if the oil pump fails and fries the motor that's still covered,if a lean condition burns your pistons and nothing's wrong with the fuel system,like a bad injector or fuel pressure regulator then your probably screwed

What are those straps and how can I get some,I'm looking into the same pipe mod and was looking for a way to put the shield back on,other than big hose clamps

The only reason I had to use straps is cause I got ssi to buy me a polaris pipe and mod it. They weren't nice to the heat shield and cut the lip all around with a grinder(not nice). Anyways I fixed it. I got two 7 inch and one 5 inch stainless steel clamp at Napa auto parts.

By the way, if you have your own pipe that your going to send to get modded .Use a small straight screw driver(plastic hammer) to lightly pry lip on heat shield apart. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes.

The only reason I had to use straps is cause I got ssi to buy me a polaris pipe and mod it. They weren't nice to the heat shield and cut the lip all around with a grinder(not nice). Anyways I fixed it. I got two 7 inch and one 5 inch stainless steel clamp at Napa auto parts.

By the way, if you have your own pipe that your going to send to get modded .Use a small straight screw driver(plastic hammer) to lightly pry lip on heat shield apart. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
Ok thanks

Back
Top Bottom