• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

polaris axys sks 2017

Once_1

Country
Other
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris axys sks
Hi. i'm new here i don't know if this post belongs here but i will try.
The patient in question is Polaris axys sks vm2017. Everything else works normally except the long lights don’t light at all and knocks the start gear onto the start ring and starts sparks flying off the left foot vent grid every now and then when giving turns. Measured from the start when you press the gas so the current is pushing through somewhere. Voltage regulator, battery and start solenoid replaced. In addition, the instrument cluster shows an accumulator of 13.5v when running but the battery has an accumulator of 12.6v. The start normally starts. When you take the wires off, that problem goes away, but the long lights still don't work. Help the desperate ... have someone had the same problem.

forgive me for my bad English. I will try to explain more clearly later

I'll take a crack at this one.
First of all 13.5v with the engine running is normal, 12.7v is a fully 100% charged battery and is normal with the engine off.
Long lights? do you mean the headlights on the front of the machine so you can see where you are going?
Also a better description of where you are seeing sparks?
I gave a pretty good description of the electrical system in this thread linked below, see if this helps you understand the system better

Thank you for helping. when I start the machine and when I press the gas. the starter starts pushing Bendix starting Circle and it becomes a spark when the gears hit each other. I'll take a picture of it and put it here. Yes. I mean headlights. high / low beam. high beam does not work. the high beam light flashes on the display. the problems came at the same time

Start by replacing all the electrical relays in the sled, Polaris used cheap chinese junk that leak water in and they are known to cause weird electrical issues. The link below is to the Panasonic ones everyone has been using, they can probably be converted to Omron or Hella, not sure whats easily available in your country.
There are 5 total, 2 next to the pipe and the 3rd is in the wire bag in front of the oil bottle, 4&5 are right above the battery. Be sure to use some dielectric grease on the connections when reassembling them.
The starter Bendix is also known to get dirt and belt dust in it and needs to be cleaned periodically or else it can stick engaged.

Thank you for the tip and for the link. I ordered new relays. a couple of days that come to me. hopefully the fault would be in them

The first thing the service manual mentions about the high beam operation is that the load shed relay has to be latched for it to work so this was the logical place to start given the history of bad relays.

Thank you very much for your help. The fault was rectified by replacing the relay. I switched one by one and tried. the last relay i tried was broken. all faults fixed. Thanks for help!

Glad it worked out for you

Back
Top Bottom