• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Polaris Titan ignition switch power

Astaroth_PoD

Country
Norway
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris Titan XC
Hi! Just got myself a Polaris Titan XC. No own forum yet so I'll try here.

The ignition system safety and general electronics are pretty primitive, so I am going about improving it with some home made things. But for this I need power that is turned on by the key, but before I crank/start the engine.

Does anyone know where I can find power turned on by the ignition, and also where the leash dead man's switch can be connected?

There should be a plug under and forward of the console around the gas tank filler. It maybe in a bag in there if I remember correctly. The tether plugs right in.

Thanks! Found it. Hard to access though, I can't get my normal size hands in there I don't think.
How about pre-start power, any idea? Or do I need to hook into the key circuit itself (or change my programs to run after start?)

Sorry I’m not familiar with the electrical system as a whole on the titan. If you can’t get your hand in take top of upper console / Intake off or loosen it up . I mount the actual tether plunger right in frt of filler. Some do it off to the side a lil bit and others mount it on the riser bar clamp cover. I’m not a big fan of that spot.

Thanks. It's not actually for a tether, but for making a little extra starting security - mostly for fun.

I've programmed a small chip (Arduino) that will power up when ignition is turned on, and keep the tether circuit closed until a registered RFID chip is presented at a suitable spot on the fairing. It will then open the tether circuit and allow engine start.

Alternatively, if I can only get power while engine is running, I've made the code give you 15 seconds after starting engine to present a valid RFID chip before the tether switch is engaged. But I'm hoping for the first solution if I can find the right wires.

Why? I have RFID chips implanted in my hands and like making them do fun things :)

we’ll thats def. not my area of knowledge but sounds good. Works on bikes and cars why not sleds. Nice project.

Alright, my new wire harness is done! Just needs some prettification (read: wrap in duct tape) and it's ready. I'm also switching out the old style 12v cigarette lighter holder with an USB and voltage display, and the joke of a key switch with a push-button. As far as I've been able to see, the key is actually just turning on dead man's switch in the "off" position, then disengaging it in the "on" position and cranking the starter in the last position, naturally.

Do you have any tips on how to get the intake off? Is it just the clips there on the air box and pry it off, or will I damage it? Seems like the material isn't too sturdy.

Alright, it's done. It has WiFi, 4G, reports GPS location, speed, altitude as soon as it's on, chip start, remote start, remote lock and unlock and more things I forget. Have a gander:
https://imgur.com/oKmPBL0

PS. I have a chip implant in my hand, that's the reason for the stroking in the video.

Back
Top Bottom