• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Poor idle (still)

jfaub63

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
42 years
Snowmobile
2015 Pro S 800
2015 pro s. I'm still having poor (low rpm rough) idle issue. Does not do it in reverse idles fine @1750. does It with the belt on or off. Heres what has been tried . TPS has been set at least 10 times(dealer and myself). throttle blades backed off. base setting is spot on idle has been tried from .915-940 no luck. Top end is all new-still same as before. it does it with stock tune and with my bmp tunes( tried a few). new fuel sock. plugs exhaust seals up great new pipe sensor etc. injectors were removed and spray pattern appears to be fine. give it a little throttle and its fine it will idle perfect all day in reverse. other than the idle it runs great. any help is appreciated.

Reeds?

Timing?

Bump it up to 1850 and try

It’s usually lean down at idle and adding 5% fuel (pcv)in zero percent column from 0 to 2250 rpm helps sometimes ?

I hate to say it, but have you checked for any throttle body boot or crank seal leaks? Maybe give it a spray all around with quick start or an unlit propane torch to see if it idles up?

Also, have you inspected the reeds like Brock mentioned?

Update: I have checked the seals and boots with ether. no change, I have not cpulled the reeds yet. Neal from bikeman sent me a new tune and it purrs like a kitten at 1750 Rpm.

Must have added fuel down low as I said it’s very lean at idle, especially with some tunes.

Back
Top Bottom