• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Possible Carb/Reed valve problems

Cullen

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2003 Polaris Edge 600 XC/FO
My 2003 Edge 600 runs fairly well but not how Id like it to. I took the carbs and reed valves off today and when I cracked the flange bolts on the left reed valve fuel started pouring out (maybe half a quart total). I got the reed valve assembly off and the whole lower piston housing (where the intake leads) was full of gas, up to where it couldn't flow out of the intake any more. I pumped out as much as I could (another quarter quart maybe). Stock carbs and jets, I had the whole carbs professionally cleaned and all o rings replaced this summer. The sled hadn't run in about a week when I did this. Is it possible that gas was just draining down into my intake all week in the garage? Throttle response is slow, which makes me think reed valves, or carb problems

My 2003 Edge 600 runs fairly well but not how Id like it to. I took the carbs and reed valves off today and when I cracked the flange bolts on the left reed valve fuel started pouring out (maybe half a quart total). I got the reed valve assembly off and the whole lower piston housing (where the intake leads) was full of gas, up to where it couldn't flow out of the intake any more. I pumped out as much as I could (another quarter quart maybe). Stock carbs and jets, I had the whole carbs professionally cleaned and all o rings replaced this summer. The sled hadn't run in about a week when I did this. Is it possible that gas was just draining down into my intake all week in the garage? Throttle response is slow, which makes me think reed valves, or carb problems

sounds like left side carb needle and seat is not holding maybe there something keeping it from seating something got bent piece of something in there sticking maybe. you could take the bowl off flip the carb with fuel line off float up blow it it see if you hear any air leaking past needle and seat you should not hear any air you should build up presure with your mouth try not to get gas in your mouth been there done that.

Last edited:
Yeah even the needle seat valve itself is to blame,mine was,replacement was around $30 OEM.

Back
Top Bottom