• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Possible choke issues

Dan319

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2002 Polaris 600 Clasic Touring
carb2.jpg
2002 600 classic touring. Sled was running flawless at beginning of this year. Was out is a lot of powder one ride. After that when I went to start sled i flipped the choke on and it started right up. When I went to turn choke off, the cable buckled. I then reched in the machine and pushed down on the stem where the cable connects to then the choke cable seemed to function properly. See picture for stem i am talking about. I had assumed moisture got in the cable and it was froze. Since then it has been nearly impossible to start. One thing I noticed was that the stem that the choke cable connects to slides left to right very easily and doesnt really stay seated anywhere specific. I suspect this is the cause of the poor starting/running. I have seen videos of people cleaning the carbs but only taking the lower half of the carb apart. Is it safe to remove the top to see if the internal choke is working or disconnected in some way? Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom