• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Primary clutch rebuild

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
IMG_2759.JPG

Pic is of old parts off primary.
What I've noticed in the past few years. The spider buttons new aren't as thick as used ones (.250"-.245"),so you have to use the 0.002",0.006", 0.0010" spacers.
The warn bushings ID is better and smaller then new bushings ID . Not much, one or two thousands of an inch.
Just an observation as new should have tighter tolerances in my mind. Not same as used or bigger.

Seems to make rebuiliding pointless till they are really rattling then.

The part I don't like is the moveable sheave and cover bushings. They should have tighter tolerances then the used ones taken out??

Are you using oem bushings or aftermarket?

Always oem

I measure used bushings ID before I change them . Then measure new installed. The new are one to two thousands bigger ID then used. Not a big deal. But tolerances should be tighter as it's a vesple bushing and will wear.

Just had a guy bring a 2016 800s primary stuck wide open 1500 miles never seen this except when assembled to tight. No blown belts. Any ideas

Back
Top Bottom