• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pro S Switchback 800

MrSled

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
SideWinder
To all you Polaris gurus, I am wondering for a new guy that would purchase one of these new Pro S sleds, what would be the best starting point for suspension settings? I know they are very critical on set up to get them to ride perfect and once set to your weight are only good for riders with in a 20lbs weight difference.

The first thing is to do is 500+ miles before you make any changes .

Then it depends on the rider ??

Rail corners??

Wheelie ??

The first shock you ever wanna adjust and is the most important is the fts. This adjusts ski pressure and is major tuning in that . The ifs and the rts are the fine tuning in this (ski pressure )

I personally like to rail the corners, but keep the skis light enough to not have a heavy steering feeling .

I found on the s models that the fts is very good around 1"-1 1/8" measurement.

I like a loose rts and bottom on the big hits as your using the suspension properly. And, loose is fast .

That's just some . Tons to discuss on this

Let's pretend for a moment that your talking to an idiot.

What's are FTS, IFS, and RTS?

Should I find my manual and read it, or can you give us a step by step way to setup these chassis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Muffin. Me too. Lol. I will guess. Front Track Shock. Independent Front Suspension. Rear Track Shock. I had to think about it. Lol. Could be wrong tho ?

Makes sense.

Do you set the springs for ride height and set in like on a conventional sled or is it all about the weight transfer and use clickers for ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone else needs to chime in I don't want to give wrong info. I just kinda fiddle till I'm happy. A little at a time

Open your manual, set it to factory stock specs, put some miles on it, decide what you want it to do, and tweak from there. Spring preload is for ride height and weight transfer. Clickers are for bump compliance.

Open your manual, set it to factory stock specs, put some miles on it, decide what you want it to do, and tweak from there. Spring preload is for ride height and weight transfer. Clickers are for bump compliance.

Thats a given but what I would be interested in is the setting of those who have messed with this and achieved the perfect combination of trail riding and handling settings. If some of you could post your setting and riding styles as well as rider weights, it could give others some setting to try to get closer to their ideal settings.

Gotcha, here's mine then.
IFS- stock, which is also the minimum 2 1/2"
FTS- I like mine a little on the tight side so that it teeter totters more on the Axys point and is more reactive to rider positioning. 1 7/16-1/2"
RTS- 2 5/8"
Clickers are towards the soft side for the lo so that it soaks up the smalls stutters nice and the hi are towards the middle for the big hits. I'm 170 lb. and flip the switch from mild to wild in an instant. Hug the gas cap to rail corners (7.5" shaper bars help a lot) or lean back and rip 100 ft. wheelies.

So MR Sled, did you, aahh, I mean "your friend" buy that Polaris?

So MR Sled, did you, aahh, I mean "your friend" buy that Polaris?

I did not due to some "PRIOR" obligations. But my good bud bought one at the end of last year and I rode it. Love it. Only complaint right now is the hand warmers suck ass..

I did not due to some "PRIOR" obligations. But my good bud bought one at the end of last year and I rode it. Love it. Only complaint right now is the hand warmers suck ass..

Not any worse than a Apex was in 2007 untill I put that Rck Yamaheater kit on it.

Not any worse than a Apex was in 2007 untill I put that Rck Yamaheater kit on it.

I agree but is there any aftermarket upgrade like the Rock Heater that will help?

I know this is an older thread but was wondering where the measurements are exactly taken. Like FTS 1 1-1/8?? I have 500 ish miles on my 17 pro s and am trying to get it to corner good. U sure where to set this b.s. for a 200lb ish rider. Thanks

What about the way it corners is not good? Steers hard? Pushes in corners? Lifts a ski? Everyone wants something different. Tell us what your set up is like now and what if any traction products you are using and then it would be easy to tell you how and what to adjust. Just an example but I put more aggressive skis and carbides on my switchback pro s just recently. I found I now have too much ski pressure and the bars were heavy to steer and even had a bit of ski lift. I am going to put a couple turns more spring preload in the front track spring (FTS).

So far I had 6 inch snow trackers and 108 studs I think-2 in each row. When cornering at a aggessive speed the sled wants to push straight through the corners. Can not seem to plant a ski and turn like its on rails. So far these are my specs. I weigh 205lbs, FTS 1 1/8 clickers both on 4 from minimum. RTS 1 7/8 clickers both on 4 from minimum, IFS 2 3/8 also have clickers on 4 up from mimimum.

Back
Top Bottom