• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pro S Switchback 800

So far I had 6 inch snow trackers and 108 studs I think-2 in each row. When cornering at a aggessive speed the sled wants to push straight through the corners. Can not seem to plant a ski and turn like its on rails. So far these are my specs. I weigh 205lbs, FTS 1 1/8 clickers both on 4 from minimum. RTS 1 7/8 clickers both on 4 from minimum, IFS 2 3/8 also have clickers on 4 up from mimimum.
Try increasing the rear track spring pressure. Do a turn tighter and test at a time.

I have never used the snow trackers so I don't know how they affect handling except that they are good for eliminating darting or tracking so I have heard. Tighter rear spring as stated above may help especially turning while under power. A loose front track spring will place more of the machines weight on the skis. Also a little more preloaded on the ifs springs can add a little more bite but I don't like to get carried away with preloaded ifs springs. I also have found that a lot of products that eliminate darting and tracking often have ill effects on cornering.

Darting is usually because of ski alignment.
It needs to be toe’d out a 1/4” and parallel with track.

I use a straight edge and put on track or chalk a line on floor lined up with my track and measure skis from there . Toe out

I agree 110%! Loose IS fast! Unfortunately, I am not anymore. Made a huge upgrade from a '96 ZRT 800 to a 2016 SB Pro-X 800.
Can tell this sled would be a riot to ride IF I could just get the suspension dialed in! Sled is all stock, I weigh 230 lbs.
Ride is harsh, and inside ski lift is horrendous. From what I've been reading, I need to have all settings at stock, then start messing with FTS correct? Could you add anything more specific? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom