• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pro x switchback, tuning update.

Cory587

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 pro x switchback
Hi all, just a quick update. I finally got to try the sled out with all my goodies installed.
Prox switchback 137 with 144 studs.
Rider weight 170 with out gear.
Last test was -12c
23-40(1.74) gearing
bikeman pipe
50-44f helix and a 140-220 spring.
Primary has the Dalton qap-3 weights and have added 6.9 grams to the base weight ( total of 72.9g).
On smooth groomed trail I'm pulling about 8350-8400. Which I think is about correct with the bmp pipe. Have about 3/8" of marker left on the primary sheave. Not sure how long im suppose to hold the damn thing to get it to shift out but it seemed like forever wot. I also bought the 140-200 spring as recommended from Brock. What difference would that spring make? less backshift? Very impressed with current adjustments, sled pulls very hard. How do I get it to shift out that last bit? Belt deflection was a bit tight as well, squealing at idle. Fixed that when I got home. Speedo is out. Haven't got it updated on digital wrench, tried using my watch that has gps, it says max 151kph. Which is kinda weak in my opinion but not sure how accurate a watch is. Did trigger a det code once on many pulls. Cures for that? Sorry for all the questions, just looking for some input if you guys have any. Thanks.

I have pretty much the same setup as you but on a pro-s ! i switch the 140-220 to a 140-200 last week! a gain a little mph up top but lose a little backshift, nothing to worry about if your looking for a better top speed!
164km/h with the 140-220 on hard pack (-25deg celcius)
165 km/h on 3 inch snow groomed trail (+5deg celcius)

Can't tell which one is faster in acceleration tho..
You will lose 100-150 rpm from the spring change (i removed 1 gram from the tips)

I don't have pipe either..

I have pretty much the same setup as you but on a pro-s ! i switch the 140-220 to a 140-200 last week! a gain a little mph up top but lose a little backshift, nothing to worry about if your looking for a better top speed!
164km/h with the 140-220 on hard pack (-25deg celcius)
165 km/h on 3 inch snow groomed trail (+5deg celcius)

Can't tell which one is faster in acceleration tho..
You will lose 100-150 rpm from the spring change (i removed 1 gram from the tips)

I don't have pipe either..
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.

Gauge is out? I don't think that setup should DET - would check your Y pipe for cracks top and bottom. If you have a 48-44 heel, you could try that and see if it get's there faster than waiting for the 50 to get there.

Gauge is out? I don't think that setup should DET - would check your Y pipe for cracks top and bottom. If you have a 48-44 heel, you could try that and see if it get's there faster than waiting for the 50 to get there.
I have a dual able helix. I'll have to check and see what the second angle is. I also tried changing primary spring as well and dropped a bit of tip weight. Hard to tell the difference between the two. But put a hurting on my buddies clutched/ geared 850 doo last night. Was awesome.

We will be heading up north for a 4 day trip where our trash talking gets settled. See if he can reel me with his top end. Super happy how this sled has been woken up. Just got to get that primary shifting out fully and I'll be happy .

Back
Top Bottom