• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Problem? Or no problem?

mcAxysSB44

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2019 Polaris 850 Indy XC
I started the sled one time to get it off the trailer and put it in the garage. I then started it two times after I put it in the garage to mess around with the guage.

All the pictures are all from after the last time i had it started which was about two weeks ago. So since the last time it was started i got the black sludge spot and also a bunch of clear oil. I figured it's not a problem or normal because all the oil in the gas and extra oil being pumped in for break-in period. After i found the first oil spill i asked around a bit and was told it was normal. But- it just hasn't stopped leaking/making oil puddles..lol

I wiped up the floor and then found about the same amount again about a week or two later. Wiped it up again and found (3rd pic) oil again just two days later.

Is this normal or do i have something else going on here?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 325
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 314
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 326
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
I started the sled one time to get it off the trailer and put it in the garage. I then started it two times after I put it in the garage to mess around with the guage.

All the pictures are all from after the last time i had it started which was about two weeks ago. So since the last time it was started i got the black sludge spot and also a bunch of clear oil. I figured it's not a problem or normal because all the oil in the gas and extra oil being pumped in for break-in period. After i found the first oil spill i asked around a bit and was told it was normal. But- it just hasn't stopped leaking/making oil puddles..lol

I wiped up the floor and then found about the same amount again about a week or two later. Wiped it up again and found (3rd pic) oil again just two days later.

Is this normal or do i have something else going on here?
That third picture looks like it's coming from the chain case area.

I sent the pics to the dealer. They said to bring it in and I dropped it off today. We'll see what the deal is. Also looked like there was some antifreeze (green fluid) on the trailer floor while dropping it off at the dealer.
Delightful start to my 'axys experience'...

Chain case fluid is light blue but can be dark with the break in additive. Mine didn't leak oil or anything like that on the floor when I first got it. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Back
Top Bottom