• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Question - '99 XC 500

JCM800

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1972 Polaris Charger 530 SS, 1974 Polaris TX 250, 1995 Polaris Indy SS 440, 1999 Polaris Indy XC 500
Hi everyone! First post on StarPower!

I am wondering what would be the best suspension to use for an upgrade in my '99 Indy XC 500?

Thanks!
Paul

What are you looking to get out of the sled after upgrade. They can quite costly, more then the sled is worth.

Thanks for replying,

I am looking to improve the ride on really bumpy trails. I understand it will never ride like a newer sled, just wondering if anyone has had luck with installing a new skid from something newer and if it was worth it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for replying,

I am looking to improve the ride on really bumpy trails. I understand it will never ride like a newer sled, just wondering if anyone has had luck with installing a new skid from something newer and if it was worth it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have installed all kinds in many sleds.. a use M10 would be a great ride!!

OK, what years and model did Polaris use that suspension?

Thanks for the link! I will reach out to them.

Looks like a really nice product, but you are right, $1600 clams is more than the seld is worth.

I was thinking more about changing the current XTRA-10 rear suspension with something from the 2000's. I know it has been done, I am looking a starting point and any suggestions anyone has as to what year and model to use the suspension out of.

Thanks again!

Looks like a really nice product, but you are right, $1600 clams is more than the seld is worth.

I was thinking more about changing the current XTRA-10 rear suspension with something from the 2000's. I know it has been done, I am looking a starting point and any suggestions anyone has as to what year and model to use the suspension out of.

Thanks again!

I would shop around for later model ski in your price range and see what kind of deal you can get. Then all you need is the donor sled dimensions from the center of the track driver to each hole and the dimension from inside the tunnel down to each hole. Over all width should be really close to the same. Once installed then you will have to set the middle shock and limiter to get the ski pressure and weight transfer right. You may have to add some extra material at mount points if your miss the current reinforcements.

Back
Top Bottom