• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Real world overdrive in Axys Chassis

wgap200

I am looking to lower the gear ratio in my 2017 XCR 800. I prefer a 1000ft drag race setup over any type of topend lake race setup. I need the sled to still run 105 mph or so. Some of our riding allows steady trail cruising speeds of 65-75 mph for miles. Just curious who has tested with a ratio like 1.86 that's stock in the Pro-x with tall track. That 1.86 on the chart says 97 mph at 8350 so if clutches and chassis allow for a true 10% OD that gear ratio has potential to go 105 mph. Thanks for the input.

I am looking to lower the gear ratio in my 2017 XCR 800. I prefer a 1000ft drag race setup over any type of topend lake race setup. I need the sled to still run 105 mph or so. Some of our riding allows steady trail cruising speeds of 65-75 mph for miles. Just curious who has tested with a ratio like 1.86 that's stock in the Pro-x with tall track. That 1.86 on the chart says 97 mph at 8350 so if clutches and chassis allow for a true 10% OD that gear ratio has potential to go 105 mph. Thanks for the input.
I run 1.86 gearing and on good conditions 104-106 mph top end is all it has with full use of the clutch od. But remember trail cruising acceleration is awsome. Be sure and add a couple grams to your clutch weights.

My clutching is pretty aggressive now but I can easily add grams with magnet adjustable weights. My sled currently has the 1.68 ratio and I am a heavier rider so I am having trouble getting full shift out now. I am sure lowering the gear ratio to 1.81 or 1.86 and I won't loose any topend really. My sled only runs 105-107 now but I think that's good for a 300 lb. rider.

i think 107 mph is good! i have a 1.76 ratio with 120-310 spring and 50-44fp with 140-200 spring, i have awesome holeshot and my top speed is between 105-110 (gps). trail riding is arm stretching good!..lol.
oh and i have modded my 66' stock weight to 69.5 with more tips weight ( 2 on the tips 1.5 on the heel).. awesome setup!!

be sure to ajust belt,track,chain before any mods! ( track and chain on the loose side of the spec and belt deflection at 1inch)

could try some!!

i think 107 mph is good! i have a 1.76 ratio with 120-310 spring and 50-44fp with 140-200 spring, i have awesome holeshot and my top speed is between 105-110 (gps). trail riding is arm stretching good!..lol.
oh and i have modded my 66' stock weight to 69.5 with more tips weight ( 2 on the tips 1.5 on the heel).. awesome setup!!

be sure to ajust belt,track,chain before any mods! ( track and chain on the loose side of the spec and belt deflection at 1inch)

could try some!!
I am running a 48-44F helix with stock 123-203 and 120-310 primary with BMP magnet weights loaded to almost 72 grams. They are not a very aggressive profile. I have the BMP new weight to try but want to gear the sled down first. The new weights are a 10 series profile with set screws the go in the weight plus a hole underneath the tip for magnet tip weight. I think I will try a slightly stiffer secondary spring and derlin washers also with re gear. I have some Skidoo 850's in my riding group and do not like getting beat by them.

I am running a 48-44F helix with stock 123-203 and 120-310 primary with BMP magnet weights loaded to almost 72 grams. They are not a very aggressive profile. I have the BMP new weight to try but want to gear the sled down first. The new weights are a 10 series profile with set screws the go in the weight plus a hole underneath the tip for magnet tip weight. I think I will try a slightly stiffer secondary spring and derlin washers also with re gear. I have some Skidoo 850's in my riding group and do not like getting beat by them.
Sounds like you have plan in place. The newer BMP weights are you best bet. just add tip weight until you lose rpm .then back off a gram. Go for the gearing of your choice .either will work.

Gate belt also work good for me!! Gain 3 mp top and more consistant rpm!! i'm not sur it will be enough to beat those 850 tho, i have two of them in my group and 1 800 etec and they are fast..

We were supposed to line up today but it's snowing bad around here so keep you in touch if it work soon.loll

I am trying to go to 21 - 38 to keep the same chain. I cannot seem to find any part numbers for the 21 or 38 gears on any of the parts listings on Polaris even looking at other models. Does anyone happen to have any part number listings? For a 2018 XCR 800 rush. - Thanks

Back
Top Bottom