• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Ring Breakin Duration and Trail Breakin.

Powaton

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Pro S 800
Hi. Recovering perfectionist here.

Looking at Dynotech Research and the Axys 800 response to break in, I'm trying to correlate dyno time to trail time.

As in, how many high load full throttle runs on the trail before I can be reasonably satisfied that I've broken in the rings?

I want a strong running machine. But I also don't want to over think it and sully an already short season.

Any ideas?

Hammer on it in and out of throttle using all throttle positions and loading motor for a good 350+ miles

You'll go through some fuel , but who cares

I break my engines in using a similar method. Full throttle for short bursts, no more than a few seconds. I recall there was a website that went in depth about the short period of time you have to seat the rings but I can't find it. Probably the most important thing is not to overheat the engine during break in. Make sure you've got enough snow to keep you cool for the first ride.

Back
Top Bottom