• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

RMK600 fuel system diagram

cs641

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
RMK600
I have an RMK600, not sure if it's a 99 or an 01. Anyway I had someone working on it and they gave up so I am replacing the fuel lines. Can someone provide a good fuel system diagram for the 600? Essentially trying to figure out the two nipples (vents?) on either side of the carb and what they should be hooked up to. There is a line from the top of the fuel tank that is not hooked up to anything, as if it's a tank vent, do these nipples tie into that line? Also, the MAG side carb has a hose barb that isn't hooked up to anything towards the air box.

Thanks for the help.

Almost forgot, where does the oil get introduced into the engine? It isn't as evident as my other sleds and I can't see an obvious line.

First, whats the build date stamped in the tunnel by the VIN?
There is probably a altitude compensating valve on the airbox the carb vents go into, otherwise they just go to nipples on the airbox itself. The line off the top of the tank is just an atmospheric vent for the tank itself.
The oil comes from the pump and gets injected right below the carb boots on each cylinder.

There should also be a model code by the VIN that looks something like

S00SR6DS​

post what that is as well

Thank you. I believe I have the vents hooked up properly now. Is it normal to have fuel constantly shooting out of them?

VIN is 4XASR6DS1X9(B?)017618(B?)

I'm guessing the sticker over the VIN with the rest of the info is gone? The 10th digit in the VIN being X says its a 99
And they are vents.... so no, fuel should not be shooting out of them. Sounds like the bowl floats are not set right or the fuel needle attached to it is shot so you are just pouring fuel in from the tank.

No vin sticker, just an etching.

Makes sense about the vents. It’s the PTO side carb.

I would get a rebuild kit for them, Dennis Kirk has the kits available.
Keihin uses a rubber tipped fuel needle instead of a separate needle and seat to control fuel into the bowl. Yours are likely shot.

Also hunt down a service manual, you can usually find them used on EBAY.
They show the routing of the lines, especially that ACCS valve on the airbox which is only on the RMK sleds.

Well thats a flaw, looks like you have 2 choices since they don't list a kit specifically for your machine, you can take your chances with this kit for a 98 since most of the main carb parts are the same. Some of the jets are probably slightly different, you would have to find the jetting charts for both sleds and see what changed.

or if you just want to order the parts you need, these guys sell individual keihin parts. #8 & #20 are the parts that control the fuel to the bowl. I would also consider getting the gaskets #5 & 16

It would appear that Sudco is unable to get those parts. Guy on the phone says on backorder.

DK shows 2 kits in stock, looks like thats the option.
Polaris wants $35 each for those fuel needles, if they have them. So for a few bucks more you are getting all the rest of those parts.

Back
Top Bottom