1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rush Pro S 800 questions

Discussion in 'Rush/Switchback' started by Butch 800, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Butch 800

Butch 800 New Member

USA
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Pro-S
    Hi! Newbie Polaris owner here. Just purchased a 2017 last spring and have a few questions. Does the Rush chassis need tunnel protection? I have the 1.25 track. So planning on running 1.375 studs. Probably 120 or should I go with 168. All trail riding in Michigan. Also, what are some inexpensive mods I can do? Had a hard time beating a 800 renegade that I could walk by with my Firecat. Thanks for any input!

3. Pro116

Pro116 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They have protectors built in. Depend on your type of riding and if like to drag race a lot. I would do 168. Do a search for clutching you can gain quite a bit. The pro s are over geared too. Single pipes make quite a difference on your sled.

4. Butch 800

Butch 800 New Member

USA
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Pro-S
    Thank you. I’ve been thinking that I probably will go 168 with double backers. Debating on using the pro series backers by Stud Boy with 1.50 studs and added tunnel protection.

5. Butch 800

Butch 800 New Member

USA
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Pro-S
    I did read the clutching/gearing thread. So much information there!