• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

SBA 800 vs. Doo 850 fuel consumption

minisprintracing

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Arctic Cat
looking to snow check a new Polaris SBA 800 or the Ski Doo XRS 850. Just curious if the Polaris is getting close to the same fuel mileage as the Ski Doo?

Nuff said.

dc6fef31589c559da79f0cfb9c18577b.jpg
f4723e4c3816561e6d4818576b639e03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What's the astric for behind the mxzx 850 for?. Wondering what makes the doo shorty weigh more than the doo(137) renegade?.

Fuel consumption is all the twitch of the thumb. Guys that are constantly in and out or go brap brap brap everywhere use way more fuel.
I have a steady thumb and use way less fuel then my buddies I ride with and we're all doing the same speed. I'm leading half the time too. All about the steady smoothness to get better mileage. Which I could really give a rats ass about fuel mileage. I'm just a steady throttle guy, always have been

But, the new 850's are bad on fuel as we've seen. Adding those two more injectors did this.

i agree the 850 in our group we always a little worse on fuel 4 to 5 bucks but who cares but loosing to a 800 that is a different story LOL
:Jump

My buddy was always about a gallon to the plus side compared to me each fill up.....it equated to about .5 to 1 mpg more....we both ride pretty aggressively and I don't like giving him or that sled any more credit than they already give themselves, but that's what I found on my 17' 800 Assault vs his 17 850...though he had a 129" vs my 144".

My buddy was always about a gallon to the plus side compared to me each fill up.....it equated to about .5 to 1 mpg more....we both ride pretty aggressively and I don't like giving him or that sled any more credit than they already give themselves, but that's what I found on my 17' 800 Assault vs his 17 850...though he had a 129" vs my 144".[/QUOTE.
I’ve never understood why people are so concerned about gas mileage unless u are in the middle of nowhere or you ride 10,000 miles a year. If $$$ is your concern you probably should not own a sled.

I ride with a couple etecs and they usually put a gallon or 2 less at fill ups.

850s bad on fuel? my indy xc 850 is great on fuel.
out of a group of 6 or 7 sleds i was the cheapest to fill up when it came time. polaris and skidoos

i would say i was the heaviest rider of the day as well. 250lbs with gear on

Back
Top Bottom