• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Shock Warranty

nytrozula

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 Switchback ProX
Is corrosion to the shocks chrome surface a warrantable part? 2016 ProX with 3000 miles. 5 year warranty

shock.JPG

It should be warrantable. It is a common complaint on the WE shocks. Other members have posted on this issue and had the shafts covered. The answer for sure is one phone call away. Give your local Polaris dealership service department a jingle.

So my dealer says he doesn't think Polaris will cover this! Says that he has had a similar instance in the past and it was declined! Polaris can't tell if the sled was neglected and allowed salt or similar to eat away at shaft. I run the sled in the UP only. After its ridden it is stored indoors and cleaned before the next ride.... Sled travels in an enclosed trailer. This is a BS excuse if used. At this point it is a $150 fix so if Polaris is going to go that route over something so petty I would have to give up on them.

You take good care of your sled and want things nice. Though, IMO I would leave it. That spot isn't that bad considering. It's not bad enough to knick the seal. Just polish it a little with very fine emery cloth if your worried.

Last year I got a leftover 2016. You could tell it was put away wet after being next to the road a few times. Lots of oxide on much of the aluminum and the shock shafts were pitted bad. Especially where the rubber bumpers sat on the shaft.

The center shock shaft looked perfect and like it was made from much better metal, because it is.

They sent me new shafts after polaris authorized it. To tell you the truth, the new shafts didn't look great either. They weren't pitted, but you could see how they could easily do so. They are made from some funky looking metal. I looked at them under a microscope at work. Polaris defiantly cut cost to the bone on these. Likely to afford the machining for the needle.

If I had these shafts machined for free at a local trade school I would still complain about the quality. They just look junky.

Your fighting an uphill battle with these shafts because if the junky metal they're made of. Keep them juicy with some good anti corrosion spray or minimally wd40 whenever you store the sled for more than a week. Especially when it gets warm in the presence of any road salt.

Back
Top Bottom