• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Shocks

Nick

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris Rush Pro-s 800
Anything I can do to my 16 rush to stop bottoming out? I’ve messed with it and can’t seem to figure it out, we ride pretty hard. Skis don’t touch the ground much lol, seems like every time I hit a hill or small “jump” or even bigger bumps I’m bottoming out my back can’t take much more of it

Anything I can do to my 16 rush to stop bottoming out? I’ve messed with it and can’t seem to figure it out, we ride pretty hard. Skis don’t touch the ground much lol, seems like every time I hit a hill or small “jump” or even bigger bumps I’m bottoming out my back can’t take much more of it

Hey Nick, have you adjusted the factory fts spring preload? That's definitely a good place to start and if you've already maxed that out a lot of guys have installed the heavier spring depending on your weight.

Change front track spring to a 150 they came stock on pro x thats the best bang for the buck i have messed around with a few spring combo i liked pro x 150 front spring and 130 rear spring off theXCR

Last edited:
I saw dismal results no matter what I did with the stock stuff. Substantial gain in ride / bottoming resistance going with the 150lb FTS only. Had the opportunity to buy a slightly used XCR front track shock kit, difference is that much better again, well worth the investment. Rest of the suspension is stock.

Change front track spring to a 150 they came stock on pro x thats the best bang for the buck i have messed around with a few spring combo i liked pro x 150 front spring and 130 rear spring off theXCR
I did the same. Tried the X rear and it was too much. I also changed the fronts to XCR but kept the FTS ProS for small chatter. 265 with gear and revalved all around. Tons better. I can make it too stiff now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I saw dismal results no matter what I did with the stock stuff. Substantial gain in ride / bottoming resistance going with the 150lb FTS only. Had the opportunity to buy a slightly used XCR front track shock kit, difference is that much better again, well worth the investment. Rest of the suspension is stock.
Looking for used XCR shocks or even X FTS & Rear to replace Fox QS3 on my Adventure. Any recommendations on who to contact that does WE shocks?

Looking for used XCR shocks or even X FTS & Rear to replace Fox QS3 on my Adventure. Any recommendations on who to contact that does WE shocks?
Just curious why you are replacing the QS3 shocks?
I have a '16 Adventure and the QS3's seem to work well for me.

What problems are you experiencing?

Position 1 is okay on chatter but blows through too easy on bigger hits. Position 2 is better on bigger hits but transfers the chatter bumps. Position 3......that's for when the trail is bombed out & I'm in crazy mood...just can't take too much of that in my old age. Air assist helps but mostly for load, it doesn't provide the same effect as a preload adjustment collar would. High speed compression seems too hard on those sucker hits & could use more rebound in the rear & IFS. FTS feels like it would benefit from heavier spring & fresh oil. Came from R Motion which worked better over a broader range. The IFS Q3 are pretty good. Fresh oil & a little more rebound maybe. Front suspension & handling is better than my Doo was. Buddy has ProS switch with X springs & revalve & it's with broader range, less bottoming & a more planted feel.....too planted maybe. I'm 235 geared up & ride pretty brisk. Ride an XCR on a demo loop & it worked good there but a little too planted. That I think will be the trade off. Ride the 144 Assault same demo loop, was a hoot, real lively, felt faster than the XCR but don't believe it was faster......just felt that way.

Problem with brief ride on other sleds, peeps set ups vary so much it's hard to get a real feel unless you tweak it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom