• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Ski slope xc race wv

coryatver

I went to a xc race on a ski resort last weekend had a blast. Put in 168 studs in with double backers. 4 per row. Sold my SSI pipe I couldn't get tuned right. I am not a tuner I tried a lot of different things different maps, checked everything on my sled but could't get it not to DET and that wasn't going to work out to have to shut it down and reset sled during a race. So I bought a Bikman Fat Azz pipe.

Race day was warm almost 60 degrees. Sled ran great for how warm it was. Love the extra ting and tiny bit more brap sound the bikeman pipe has. I ran non ethanol mode with lots of timing added wide open corner to corner no issues at all. I had 7.5 inch carbides with 168 studs and slushy snow it would have been nice to have 9.5 but it was ok after the track got banked. I have a SSI clutch kit and it is super aggressive and exactly the way I like it.

Race day was 2 races. 1 45 min amateur race, and afternoon pro race

I got 2nd overall out of 62 in the morning race and 3rd overall in the pro race and first in my class semi pro. Afternoon race a first gen rush got first, and assault 2nd. All polaris's on top in a field of mostly cats.

It was a great time I had a blast. First time racing like that I have done quad xc racing before though. On the one long ski slope up hill I was hitting 80. For the afternoon race the track was really deteriorated already and was really rough and full of dug out holes and bare spots. I had the shocks dialed right on the Hi/Lo shocks work great. Front track is not the best but I have it set where it works decent unless its a really big hit.

Morning race 2nd lap

Pro race start

IMG_2879.jpg
IMG_2885.jpg
IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2839.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks it was really fun event I don't know why more ski resorts don't do it and sell the hotel rooms one more time for the season!

Here is a slo mo video someone got of me pretty sweet slo mo roost

Good deal.
What did u have in for gearing and clutching?

I have the ssi clutch kit
125-310
145-225
50-44 helix
70.5 ssi weights

Using gates belt to make up the belt to sheave clearance makes it pretty close. It works pretty good I think but really have nothing to compare. I am running the factory cobra track gearing 1.68 22/37 p68.

A 1.80 ratio would have probably done u better in quicker response for that race. Also a 48/44 full progressive.
Just my opinion on that race as I've clutched and geared sno X sleds over the years .

Yeah your right. I would like to at least get a 38 tooth bottom to try out. Won't need a different chain or anything. I think I might have done better with the 2012 iqr I used to have. But The axys seems not to wear me out as fast and I like having a swaybar. I would like to try an X swaybar setup. And my iqr would have been a pain to get to run in 60 degree weather lol

Last edited:
I went to a xc race on a ski resort last weekend had a blast. Put in 168 studs in with double backers. 4 per row. Sold my SSI pipe I couldn't get tuned right. I am not a tuner I tried a lot of different things different maps, checked everything on my sled but could't get it not to DET and that wasn't going to work out to have to shut it down and reset sled during a race. So I bought a Bikman Fat Azz pipe.

Race day was warm almost 60 degrees. Sled ran great for how warm it was. Love the extra ting and tiny bit more brap sound the bikeman pipe has. I ran non ethanol mode with lots of timing added wide open corner to corner no issues at all. I had 7.5 inch carbides with 168 studs and slushy snow it would have been nice to have 9.5 but it was ok after the track got banked. I have a SSI clutch kit and it is super aggressive and exactly the way I like it.

Race day was 2 races. 1 45 min amateur race, and afternoon pro race

I got 2nd overall out of 62 in the morning race and 3rd overall in the pro race and first in my class semi pro. Afternoon race a first gen rush got first, and assault 2nd. All polaris's on top in a field of mostly cats.

It was a great time I had a blast. First time racing like that I have done quad xc racing before though. On the one long ski slope up hill I was hitting 80. For the afternoon race the track was really deteriorated already and was really rough and full of dug out holes and bare spots. I had the shocks dialed right on the Hi/Lo shocks work great. Front track is not the best but I have it set where it works decent unless its a really big hit.

Morning race 2nd lap

Pro race start

View attachment 1039 View attachment 1040 View attachment 1041 View attachment 1042
CONGRATS GOOD RUNNING!

Back
Top Bottom