• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Sled hard to start, Can I set my TPS myself 2015 800 Switch

Rob in Ottawa

This week, the sled has needed some throttle to start, and won't go into reverse, just stalls.

This sounds to me like a TPS problem I had on one of my earlier sleds. Don't remember which one, but I was able to build a TPS testing tool and fixed that problem. Can I still do that?

No I have not but I maybe thinking about it. I am down on rpm for some reason (like no more that 7850) and have that on the checklist of things to go over. I think it's all electrical but.....unfo unfortunately we are running out of winter here...

I have used that exact procedure and it works well. Make sure you have a "good" digital voltmeter (ie. a Fluke or other that is good to at least 3 or 4 decimal places) and it would be a good idea to have a proper plug to supply power to the ECM power connector under the hood. I used some shady pins and jumper wires and I worried constantly about it shorting out and frying my ECU (but it didn't...). Two things to remember/think about is that you can check the WOT voltage and "idle" voltage without taking almost anything apart. You just need to power up the plug and back probe the TPS connector. If those settings aren't your problem, then you can weasel your hand in and loosen off the "idle stop" without removing the air box but its difficult. The other important thing to remember is that the "idle" setting is lower for a 2015 than a 2016 and up. I forgot this and hence I had to weasel my hand in to loosen and change the "idle" voltage. Live and learn, eh? LOL

A higher RPM on a 15 wouldn't cause issue or would be indicative of some other issue?

K5 can you post what the 15's 2 voltages should be.

From the Repair Manual...

upload_2018-2-20_15-37-11.png

My settings ended up being:

TPS Reference = 5.031 Vdc
TPS Base = 0.6995 Vdc
TPS Idle = 0.9183 Vdc

Last edited:
Mine was doing the exact same thing .... Needed a rebuild low on compression on mag side

Mine was doing the exact same thing .... Needed a rebuild low on compression on mag side

Thanks Plusman, I finally got around to looking deeper, ran a compression test. 124 Mag side 20 PTO side. SO much for a durability kit. Really wish I hadn't done my top end as preventative maintenance. Ugh. Gonna put Polaris back into it.

Thanks Plusman, I finally got around to looking deeper, ran a compression test. 124 Mag side 20 PTO side. SO much for a durability kit. Really wish I hadn't done my top end as preventative maintenance. Ugh. Gonna put Polaris back into it.
Who's durability kit did you use? Whose pistons?

I am sure there are a bunch of kits out there with Wiseco pistons that are just fine as well. Can you report back what your finding on teardown?

Was this on a 2015 early build by chance?

I have heard of people doing it with a meter and are happy with the results but keep in mind the actual values can only be read accurately in digital wrench. Because of the way the ecu does the analog to digital conversion it reads different then a meter

Also SSI stay away from guy is a embezzling fraud and is in jail now I think he gets work release. I would put back to stock.

Back
Top Bottom