• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

SLED REVIEW: 2017 Polaris Pro-RMK 174

MrSled

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
SideWinder
SLED REVIEW: 2017 Polaris Pro-RMK 174
Posted by Ross Halvorson
on Tuesday, May 17, 2016

AmSnow’s Western Team got a little extra seat time on the 2017 Polaris 800 Pro-RMK 174 this spring. We thought we’d give our readers an early glimpse of what we’ve learned so far. Don’t forget to check out our video review below as well.

First, we really like the low-end power. Just like the shorter AXYS trail sleds, the 174 really gets out of the hole quickly, which puts you on top of the snow fast. It lags a bit behind the other brands ever so slightly on the top-end, but it will take just about any stock sled off the line.

The front end and skis are great for sidehilling. The sled really holds a line well. Even at times when you’d think such a big track would wash out, we’re impressed with how well the sled stays pointed where you want it to go. Those skis tend to push a little bit (probably because of the massive track) when you have to trail ride to get to those honey holes.

Finally, the Polaris Pro-RMK 174 sipped a little more fuel than the competition (again, probably due to the larger track). This probably will improve a little with the full production models. However, range is about the same when compared to other sleds of similar length, thanks to the 11.5-gallon tank.

Read more here.....

To be honest.
These magazine guys gotta lay off the two stroke 800 mileage on all makes. The axys and e tec are close , but the cat is still brutal in fuel mileage. But who cares??
I don't know anyone that buys an 800 for fuel mileage.Div20

To be honest.
These magazine guys gotta lay off the two stroke 800 mileage on all makes. The axys and e tec are close , but the cat is still brutal in fuel mileage. But who cares??
I don't know anyone that buys an 800 for fuel mileage.Div20

I would bet they could not find anything else bad to say and had to come up with something!!

Sweet ass picture tho.. love that color :)

Back
Top Bottom