• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

SLP Pipe w/ Stock Can

JMAXDOX

Curious if the SLP Pipe fits with the stock can? "Pipe Laws here in Maine."
I know some aftermarket pipes claim they produce more power with the stock can.
Some lose power with the lighter aftermarket can. Some claim the opposite.
So lots of questions???
I'd love to run the SLP Can with the pipe all the time but sometimes I ride in area's with a Heavy Game Warden presence. The weight loss is great and I love the sound but I don't want the ticket or the hassles that could come along with the ticket.

** So, can anybody give some input on the SLP Pipe with the Stock Can?
** Feel Free to shoot me other good combinations that work well with the Stock Can?

THANKS

I personally love the jaws and stock muffler

I haver the pipe and can setup on my '17 switchback assault 800 and love it . It,s not much loder than stock. I ride in Eustis all the time and never been 2nd looked by a game warden.

So no controller needed on the 2017's ?. Brock you run the stock muff for sound or does it have more or less restriction?. More restriction= more pipe heat= more power.

So no controller needed on the 2017's ?. Brock you run the stock muff for sound or does it have more or less restriction?. More restriction= more pipe heat= more power.
Me, doc and richy run stock muffler because nothing really beats it on dyno . It works so well , we don't care about the extra weight for that reason

I know you guys are into the dyno numbers but dyno pulls are for short periods of time . I run the SLP can that came with the pipe and it also comes with a resistor to add more fuel on the upper end of the rpm's. We do some long pulls in upstate Maine. Better safe than sorry.

I know you guys are into the dyno numbers but dyno pulls are for short periods of time . I run the SLP can that came with the pipe and it also comes with a resistor to add more fuel on the upper end of the rpm's. We do some long pulls in upstate Maine. Better safe than sorry.
We run loooooong wide open pulls at best rpm and in this case it's 8450 rpm.
40 second pulls at 8450 rpm sees what is seen in field . That's about 2 miles wide open equivalent.
Were testing for what is seen in field too.

So what gains are you seeing with the stock can compared to the one that comes with the pipe kit? And are you using the resistor?

The stock just works best overall .

The resistor can be used yes , starts pipe heat at 866 by fooling ecu

Greg from JAWS told me not to use the SLP resistor. He said it would fall on its face?? So my head tells me it doesn't like extra fuel after 7700rpm?? I'm not saying it doesn't as I believe Brock said it is better with a Fuel Controller. I don't question Brock's testing as him and Doc do an awful heavy amount of testing. I'm putting the SLP "Which I do like" on the bench for a bit and going to try the JAWS pipe. I hope I'm impressed?? JAWS just sounds a little more ferrocious to me. Wouldn't be the first time I wasted money on a pipe. HA HA...

You'll be happy with jaws as it works so well in field and on Dyno .

Getting back to slp resistor. All it does is fool ecu into thinking pipe temp is 800+ degrees when motor is cold. Once pipe does reach and surpass the slp resistor, it changes to the probe again. This is were it dumps fuel as it changes. Not the way I would make a resistor, but ......

Back
Top Bottom