• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

SLP Pipe

JMAXDOX

Curious why the SLP Pipe seems to get no DYNOTIME at these shoot outs? Got to be a reason?

Some people are looking for a simple Bolt on without the need for Fuel Controllers. The SLP has always fit the Bill for me in that aspect. Back in the 2015 Shoot Out SLP pulled 4 hp and its been set on the shelf to collect dust in all the recent testing. All the other pipes got more extensive testing with Controllers and mapping to see their full potentials. I bought 2 SSI Pipe Mods w/ Controllers because of all the gloating on how awesome it was. In the end SSI's Pipe Mod pulls an OK with me. I have nothing to gloat about. I have two SLP Pipe and Cans because they seem to work very well for me. I recently read the JAWS Pipe was the best pipe for plainly bolting up to the stock exhaust and running it. So I bought one to try. Then after receiving it I read that the JAWS Pipe only pulls 2 HP without a controller??? Is it that everybody now likes the use of Pipes that need controllers? The Jaws Pipe runs well on my Assault. No Controller, No Resistor and No DET problems so I can't give it any negative reports but from what I feel from Seat of the Pants I think I'd give the Nod back to my faithful SLP set up. I guess I don't understand why the JAWS gets so much hype at 2hp when the SLP pulls 4 HP without a controller as well?

These shootouts are done privately by those guys. They buy the pipe, dyno time and test the parts that they want to run and tune there sleds. They apparently choose not to run slp? Or don't have one to test, don't want to use there dyno time to test a pipe they are not using? Who knows. You can always spend your own money and get your sled dynoed

Fuel controllers were favored because earlier years ecu map wasn't that good. And there is a lot left on the table with timing.

Your also missing the point as it's not all about the peak hp. People seem to like the jaws because it keeps the stock low end power but also gives you more on top.

So you think the ssi pipe wasn't impressive I don't think anything will because they make lots of hp if you can get it tuned from detonation

We did test the slp several times . Just because it wasn't posted doesn't mean it wasn't tested ??

I'm going to make this very clear to everyone!!!!

Us guys who Dyno test stuff don't tell anyone " it's the latest and greatest" or tell anyone to go out and buy any brand!!!!!

We post results , plain and simple. Our results have confused some people. Just because we tested and some good results have came from some and we're running some. Doesn't mean "we told you to buy it"

We have several pipes we run from all different makes, some we favour over others due to different applications and mods.

The jaws made 2 hp on a 17 model only because of timing being retarded. Once timing was added back it was 7-9 hp again.

The slp makes a consistent 4 hp and is a great pipe and doesn't lose power

Look at the thread I made on pipes not matching stock pipe hp all the way to 7700-8000 rpm.

The confusion of our tests having good numbers and "we told you to buy it" is false .

Just making that clear

OUCH!! My apologies to any parties offended. Seems some nerves may have been struck with my sharing of my thoughts. I hardly meant to get under anybodies skin.
I'll also be clear to everyone as well. I've never looked at this site as an advertising agency for anybody's performance products. I'm as curious as the next guy as to what works well and what doesn't.
Of course I want to try products that have claims to be great. If it makes me a bad guy to buy a product when I hear from knowledgeable people here that it is as good as advertised then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

I never bashed my new Jaws Pipe. In fact do like it very much. It works as advertised. Runs great with my stock pipe and runs without any DET problems. It doesn't lose power on long pulls and seems really consistent on the trail. I'm actually surprised that I'ts only getting 2 hp because it does feel snappy and tight through the mid to WOT. "SLP feels like it might have a touch more punch where the Pipe first comes alive??" My only disappointment here with the Jaws was because I was hoping I wouldn't be getting into running a controller again. Now I can see I can't pass up going from 2 hp to 7-9 hp. Looks like a controller will be a must have as I can't own this pipe without unleashing that power.

^^^^^
Didn't mean this towards you at all .

I was just making it understood to everyone

Messaging is subjective. It can be taken anyway the reader wants it to be.

I wasn't mad or anything. Just making a point . Div20

The jaws made 2 hp on a 17 model only because of timing being retarded. Once timing was added back it was 7-9 hp again.

With the 17' how much timing would you recommend adding? Would a timing key work or would you suggest a performance tuner?

I would do a pcv with fuel and ignition

Back
Top Bottom