• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Snowmobiles are at dealer ship getting valves checked, TPS, question..?!!

trdehmer

I have my 2015 and 2016 Axys 800 Switchbacks there..

According to the dealer both machines did not have any exhaust valve codes so they do not need the relearn. Is this a fair statement - should there be something else to have them check?

Both ev cables are within spec. on both machines. The base idle is within spec on the 2016.

The tps is slightly off on the 2015 so we will adjust it. The base idle on the 2015 is .89.8. which is barley out of spec. Guessing I should have that adjusted?

2015 Axys 800H.O. Switchback
Base voltage should be exactly 0.700
TPS Idle Setting Voltage is 0.913 -0.01 Volts DC This should put WOT around 4.34 Volts.

Here is what I had done:

2015 Axys my idle base was off, so they did the TPS base setting to 0.700, they told me my WOT reading was 4.31 after adjusting, I also had them confirm E-VES Exhaust Valve Cable length, Exhaust Temp. sensor reading in spec., and re-learn power valves.

2016 Axys they checked TPS idle base and it was in spec, so they didn't do any more TPS adjustments. They checked same on the 2016 like they did the 2015, everything in spec. so no smoking gun on why down on RPM. I had them re-learn power valves as well since I've heard it can help even if no codes were showing...

Next I'll have to get them out to test to see if any changes occurred.

Back
Top Bottom