• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

some go fast trail set up's for stock 800 ho's

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
Now I do wanna say these won't work for everyone and I'm just trying to help.

Stock 15 or 16 800 ho

Elevation=800-1200' asl

track tension and chain tension set a little looser then polaris spec's

tps set to spec

clutches aligned properly

belt to sheave set at 0.015'

studded track

rider sag in is 4 inches from floor up to bolt of k brace

clutches and belt cleaned

180-220 lbs rider

primary clutch is within spec

1.73 gear ratio

Primary-120/300 with 10-70 gram weights

secondary- 66/44.46, 140/220 spring or a 50/44 full progressive with same spring.

Both clutches are the same temperature(which is good). These set up's work really well for fast trail. Slams in at 7800 and climbs to 8200 rpm were it should be stock.

Brock, I ran this setup for 600 miles and the sled ran awesome. Way ahead of stock sleds. I was pulling a stock pro s about 4-5 lengths and loved every minute of it. So one day I purchased the bikeman pipe and tune from dtr like recommended. Sled pulled very good till 1000 miles. Now all of a sudden it doesn't pull at all. Barely climbing to 8000 and poor acceleration. Was turning 8300 and climbing to 8400 rpm. Brought it to my dealer today and checked tps, clutches, fuel pressure, swapped exhaust can, checked and cleaned ves system and changed cable because it was longer than spec so it was probably stretched out. Still no change.

Change back to stock.

Take it to dealer and search for codes.

What is your clutch float??

What's your belt deflection??

What do you use to clean clutch sheaves and belt?

Rode 100 miles today with the dealers sled. All completely stock and every time to hit the throttle its at 8400-8500 rpm. I talked to the dealer when I returned and Monday the clutches on the demo will be on my sled and see what it does

Rode 100 miles today with the dealers sled. All completely stock and every time to hit the throttle its at 8400-8500 rpm. I talked to the dealer when I returned and Monday the clutches on the demo will be on my sled and see what it does
8400-8500 with stock pipe is to high. 8250 is ur target

IMAG1043.jpg

Not one Polaris primary is exactly the same. This shows force lbs.
It's supposed to be 2.50"- 1.19"

This one is 2.54"- 1.27".
In other words . If you choose a 120/300 primary spring. It's not that at all .
This one with that particular spring would be around a 105/280.

You guys have checked everything on this sled Butt!!! The Team Secondary will hold rpm back, will not upshift to overdrive, Top speed. First take secondary apart. examine outside of spring for paint rubbed off.(Spring stretched, trashed, replace it) at the same time Install Dehlin washers. Not the fix but it works. then consider a spring of smaller diameter and the rates near what you run. the smaller diameter will tend to slide in the groove seats better.. we're happy top end, rpm, backshift. the Spring has to slide with the movable half or the HELIX. IT only makes us more informed. Polaris rebuild kit for the secondary comes with rollers SPRING and DEHLIN nylon washers. Go figure.

Nothing unknown ikbpab. You can have the spyder pocket cut on the outer inside edge .030 to give the spring more room. That makes it .060 wider inside.

Very nice post Brock. Thanks for sharing.

Some updates need to be added though since the 2017 800's came out with retarded timing that carries hp to 8400 rpm .

Some updates need to be added though since the 2017 800's came out with retarded timing that carries hp to 8400 rpm .

You said that max hp is at 8400 for 2017 ?
in the owner manual it is wright: max rpm for 800 8250+0-200 ??
i ask to my dealer and after talking to Polaris , they said 8400 ??
error in the manual ,,, go figure what is the good information

is this receipe valid for my XCR,
I'm at sea level 0-400 ft max
mine is stock gearing 22-37, 2.52 9T drive sprocket
standard set up is
10-66
100/275 primary spring
160/240 secondary spring
helix: 58-44-36

top speed was very slow, very responsive, but no top speed, seems to spin free

i put 10-68 with no other change, way better good top, but engagement is too low around 3100rpm
would like to try more load, but like to have engagement around 4000 with 10-70
right now with perfect condition -25 degree c (hard pack) i rev 8450 with 10-66
and 8200 poor condition +2 degree C very soft track,

can you guide me , i whant best back shift possible )corner to corner snap, and also that my sled shift for a good top speed
is it possible in the same set up.

I don't do drag race , just very agressive trail riding.

last question , i whant to order adjustable weight , for my aplication
i hesitate beetween IT and TM in cutler , whitch one do you think will suit me best.

https://cpcracing.com/polaris/cpc/Clutching/CP-ITP

https://cpcracing.com/polaris/cpc/Clutching/CP-TMP

Last edited:
Putting in heavier weights will not lower your engagement. Something is wrong

That secondary spring may be hurting your upshift(slow,to much tension). It's good for back shift.
Both Cutler weights are good. Depends on what you wanna do?

Regular trail riding choose the IT's

Fast trail,some racing and aggressive choose the turbo mags.

Look at clutch alignment, get belt to sheave 0.015", I like 0.120" float (0.060" in from tool, 0.060" out from tool)

A good start would be Cutler weights, IT's start with 68 grams, TM's,start with 64-66 grams,120/310 spring

48/44 helix (other angle is 46/42)
140/220 spring

That might work for you

As for the 2017 800 ho motor for rpm.it was 8400 rpm for peak HP on dyno testing when not fully broken in.

Back
Top Bottom