• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Speed Shop Inc (SSI pipe)

shwantz34

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris Indy 850 XC 129
Good Morning,

I would like to have info & feed Back about SSI exhaust.
I have done some research on the web, and see that SSI seems
to have a realy good exhaust for the axys. I also find a comparison
exhaust Test on Dynotech research, and the SSI seems to have the best power
of all exhaust test (max hp) and a good spread of power too. It seems in the test
that quality was great too, I would like to have feed back from people that have
seen, and /or use SSI product. (is it a special pipe for the test, or what they sell every day)

The article in the Dynotech reserach did mention
a Canadian Polaris Madmen ( Brock) is it our Brock ???
If so i would realy like to have your feed back about those pipe.

Last i read some story about Eric Long ( SSI ex Bikeman) from is ex partner
that wasn't too kind about mr Long ... is it founded , or Mr Long realy know
is stuff...

When trying to reach SSI directly i fall all the time on Black Diamond Extreme ???
Is it the same cie ???

Erich is a good guy and has been in the business a long time. Note : everyone has a opinion or story of their experience. BDX and SSI share the same location. There is lot's to read on the pipe mod, just do search to determine if it's for you or not. Most have moved to a full performance pipe from Bikeman,Jaws,or SLP.

Erich is a good guy and has been in the business a long time. Note : everyone has a opinion or story of their experience. BDX and SSI share the same location. There is lot's to read on the pipe mod, just do search to determine if it's for you or not. Most have moved to a full performance pipe from Bikeman,Jaws,or SLP.

What i am looking for is their complete performance pipe, not a stock mode exhaust.
Their pipe in the rest was better than any others ,jaw,Bikeman, slp etc

Better call Erich, i believe their pipe is a copy of the pipe mod .

Yes, that's me in the dynotech write ups.

What do you plan on doing with the ssi pipe mod or pipe. The pipe is the same as pipe mod. Big inner stinger.

If u plan on just racing with this pipe it should be good. Add fuel and timing.

If you plan to use this trail riding. I advise against this as this will det and is even a tunners nightmare.

Yes, that's me in the dynotech write ups.

What do you plan on doing with the ssi pipe mod or pipe. The pipe is the same as pipe mod. Big inner stinger.

If u plan on just racing with this pipe it should be good. Add fuel and timing.

If you plan to use this trail riding. I advise against this as this will det and is even a runners nightmare.

uuugh !!!

I'm happy to have check here before ordering it.
I whant the best Performance pipe for fast trail riding.
Don't whant somthing Noisy, and as lite as possible.

After reading the test on Dynotech, i was planning to use their pipe with their preprogram Power comander 5
the SSI in this test was a long way better than others in hp, and no mention is made about det !!!!
SSI stainless single pipe, 2 degrees added from 7500-8500, test 1
8400rpm 165.9 hp ssi with 2 degree advance
vs
stock
8400 rpm 152.with 2 degree advance5 hp stock pipe

which one do you sugest to me if SSI is no good ???

I had the pipe mod which I believe is what it is modeled after and I got det often. Even with well tuned maps. Some sleds with them don't but some do it seems.

I have a ssi pipe mod on a 15 that runs strong with no det problems. I have 2500 miles on this pipe mod with out any det. I als have a 17 assault and have ran the pipe mod on it and it works really well. But I do know people have complained about det on there sleds. Who knows maybe inconsistencies when they build them?

I have a ssi pipe mod on a 15 that runs strong with no det problems. I have 2500 miles on this pipe mod with out any det. I als have a 17 assault and have ran the pipe mod on it and it works really well. But I do know people have complained about det on there sleds. Who knows maybe inconsistencies when they build them?

Do you have a power commander V , on both ?
Do you run stock advance on both 17 are retarded compare to your 15 ???

What i was looking for was their Stainless steel model not the pipe mod
but aparently itss the same design as a stock pipe mod.

Intesresting..... from what i read in the test from Dynotech, the one that you participated,
the Jaw would have been my third choice. It seems that for the 17 you definitely need a
PC5 to change advance. Jaw does not seems to have PC5 with map for their pipe....
Also Jaw seems to be made in steel ( from this test rust in the pipe, will kill power over time)
I would prefer a Stainless (SSI)or ceramic (bmp)coated pipe for this reason.
I never see any of those pipe for real, but from their web site the Jaw seems
to be poorly finish compare to SSI , BMC or slp

BMP & SSI have custom map that you can buy preloaded in the PCV.

Why would you recomand Jaw over the other pipe except that thy are Canadian :)
what do you like about them Brock ?

I like the jaws , bmp and slp pipes for stock motor as they don't lose power at wfo

The ssi pipe mod is good for dragging only as most will det if you try to trail ride them. They lose power on long wide open pulls for anything longer then 20 seconds

The jaws works well on modded motors too . As in the 840 stroker . Works for stock and mods that's why I like them . And yes it's Canadian so I don't have to deal with our money exchange

I like the jaws , bmp and slp pipes for stock motor as they don't lose power at wfo

The ssi pipe mod is good for dragging only as most will det if you try to trail ride them. They lose power on long wide open pulls for anything longer then 20 seconds

The jaws works well on modded motors too . As in the 840 stroker . Works for stock and mods that's why I like them . And yes it's Canadian so I don't have to deal with our money exchange

Excellent, now its clear,

do you know if jaw have a map already developped and available for stock motor application ?
what do you think about rust build up inside the pipe (loosing performance ) is it something to realy
care about ?
I 'M also very interested in a strocker mod in the future so in that regard's + the fact that i can
receive the pipe in a couple of day and will have no duty fee makes the Jaw interesting

also do you use stock or lightweigh muffler ?
Any gain with the lightweight muffler r same as stock ?

If you use lightweight, how is it sound wise ( here they are very severe for noise)

Do you have a power commander V , on both ?
Do you run stock advance on both 17 are retarded compare to your 15 ???

What i was looking for was their Stainless steel model not the pipe mod
but aparently itss the same design as a stock pipe mod.
Yes I run a pcv with dyno tech map. Same map in both sleds but the 17 could use a little more fuel up top.

Back
Top Bottom