• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Studding track

Bayley Fontaine

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2017 switchback 800 pro s
been reading a lot of different stuff about stuffing track, wanting to know what you guys think!

Depends on on lug height and what you want outta it???

Trail riding?
Racing?
Off trail?

I like the stainless steel studs. They are less apt to damage your track from pulling through because they are softer. They are also cheaper.

What size studs are you going to use? and what brand?

What size studs are you going to use? and what brand?
Woodys, I went to the Milwaukee show and seemed like gold diggers were cheaper than signature stainless series, so most likely gonna run with gold diggers. But gonna wait for the novi Michigan show to get them Milwaukee did not have any good deals

Woodys, I went to the Milwaukee show and seemed like gold diggers were cheaper than signature stainless series, so most likely gonna run with gold diggers. But gonna wait for the novi Michigan show to get them Milwaukee did not have any good deals
I had woodys gold diggers 1.325 on my 2011 IQ, was not impressed with the studs, 600 miles and the studs are all bent and the tips are wore off (some rough trails though) I'm going to use signature series 1.450 on my new 18 xcr

On the cobra 1.335" lug height. I would run no less then a 1.525" stud .
Woody triggers are amazing studs for trail and some racing. They last the longest it seems by our group with thousands of miles on them. Put the performance stud stars with them and it's a great combo . There both more expensive then other studs and backers but it's worth it as they last twice as long or more.

I'd be surprised if you get any better deals on Woodys in Novi than you seen in Milwaukee, figure in the added travel again, and you will probably pay more. Let us know.

Try MCB performance here in Michigan, online. I cant seem to find them cheaper and the prices are with nuts and your choice of backers.

So I'm just curious, this year will be are first year on poo's. After reading a bunch of posts on several web sites it seems maybe woodys studs are like a Polaris brand sensitive thing?. Nobody talks of stud boy, bad or good. I have ran stud boys on are doo's with great luck with a lot higher horse power sleds than the sba.

So I'm just curious, this year will be are first year on poo's. After reading a bunch of posts on several web sites it seems maybe woodys studs are like a Polaris brand sensitive thing?. Nobody talks of stud boy, bad or good. I have ran stud boys on are doo's with great luck with a lot higher horse power sleds than the sba.
I think that it all pretty well boils down to personal preference. I'm going with Woody's Triggers 1.525 myself. But that's just me. Whatever you're using get back to us and let us know how well they work. Div20

A few of us have been using the Stud Boy Lake Racers for trail riding/friendly drag racing with good results. Some bend yes, but we ride a lot of junk sometimes with little snow....and we run them long. 1.500" to 1.625" on 1" lug tracks.

If you're looking for a trail stud only, I've had good luck with the Extreme Max SS studs. I have them on my 800 Switchback and my wifes 600 Switchback. They were pretty cheap and have held up well for me for 3 seasons in some marginal conditions. No bends, breaks or lost carbide tips...

Has anyone ever tried out woody's Mega Bite Studs? I do a lot of hard packed trail riding.. was thinking either mega bite or signature series woodys, I have a new XCR switchback with the 1.35 cobra, Do you think 1.575 studs would work well?

Has anyone ever tried out woody's Mega Bite Studs? I do a lot of hard packed trail riding.. was thinking either mega bite or signature series woodys, I have a new XCR switchback with the 1.35 cobra, Do you think 1.575 studs would work well?
I can't comment on the studs as I've never used them?

As for length? I agree

I like the stainless steel studs. They are less apt to damage your track from pulling through because they are softer. They are also cheaper.

Um... they are not softer and pullout just as easy as any other stud. Stud head diameter determines how hard it is to pullout. I have been running 1.67" Studboys for thousands of miles with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom