• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Summer Projects

Was curious but you are right. That would be too far to make it ride decent. How many miles on the stroker Doc if you don't mind me asking?

Over 2000 on crank, we are still perfecting long gevity with cylinder lubrication. At 1100 miles was some nick wear above exhaust port, we addessed this with some top end oilers, kinda like the cteck cat 600. Have to pull it apart this summer to examine cylinder. This could also be done just adding oil to the tank. R and D is my thing, like makeing improvements

If you want a 144 just get a SBA 1.35 or 1.6 cobra. Unless you're a constant tweaker and tuner with a bunch of mechanical know how like doc.

To stay on topic, my Axys is getting some minor changes for next year. 10-68s to bring the revs down a tad, adding a tooth on the bottom gear to get 1.73 to spin the 137x1.5" a little easier, and some C&A XCS for better float off trail and to better deal with those afternoon above freezing mashed potatoes snow we seem to be getting a lot lately. Engine is staying stock as I chose the 4 year warranty and I'm not a tuner like many on here are. I want pull and go all winter with only basic maintenance, gas and oil. If anyone has any alternate suggestions for my future setup feel free to mention them. And as far as big bores go, Tom (pros800 on here) is doing a BMP 860 in his SB. You can follow along on his fb group.
80f8099395bc5fb63b9b5578d8c1a3ac.jpg

working on turbo 2 stroke stuff, want 200 hp on Gregs dyno on pump gas ,I'm 15 hp short at the moment..good stuff in the shop to get me over that hump hopefully
More hassle, but meth injection should get you over the hump. Some ethanol in the tank can be a huge benefit too.

I already made quite a few changes to my XCR last year, but this summer I'm lowering a set of shocks (different valving/springs), servicing the drivetrain bearings, changing the track clip arrangement and that's about it. As far as clutching goes, I enjoy swapping stuff out, so that's pretty much a never ending game.

Yea Ry your right. SBA 144. Everyone that I talk to raves about them. Want to keep my 60th. Love it Want to mod it more My mind is made up. Been between xcr and asssualt. Assault it is for spare sled for sonny and I. Clutch it and stud it and leave that one alone. For now. LOL

Thanks. Will be watching Toms persuit of hp. Loved his vids. Thanks again!

More hassle, but meth injection should get you over the hump. Some ethanol in the tank can be a huge benefit too.
Ahh I see someone knows about meth injection.

Have some ideas on this for awhile now, was keeping it on the down low as my sled would be hooked on crack, lol

Everyone has an addiction if they are just honest! Engines probably can too .... I'm listening guys if you want to share!

Diff application obviously but water/meth injection works great in high performance diesels where boost can be near or into triple digits

Gotcha I know how water inj works used to pull smoker tractors.

Ahh I see someone knows about meth injection.

Have some ideas on this for awhile now, was keeping it on the down low as my sled would be hooked on crack, lol
Meth addiction is great, for engines.

I've been running methanol injection on my car for a couple years. That and mixing e85 with regular 93 to get about e25. Its cool to see intake air temps to stop 20 degrees below ambient when the spray starts.

It's expensive, but pumps like this:
https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html

Look like a good way to go for powersports use where space and weight are important.

A straight water system sounds like it could go wrong pretty easily due to the cold temps but it looks like a splash of meth really lowers the freezing point. I know this chart is for wiper fluid but it's pretty similar, no?
c121564b451faba670b5260ee635eaf9.png

I already made quite a few changes to my XCR last year, but this summer I'm lowering a set of shocks (different valving/springs), servicing the drivetrain bearings, changing the track clip arrangement and that's about it. As far as clutching goes, I enjoy swapping stuff out, so that's pretty much a never ending game.

Changing the track clip arrangement?

Yea I'm running a Camoplast 9009H Hacksaw clipped every 3rd window. I had absolutely 0 slide issues this winter and I even removed some idler wheels from the rails, but I'm adding some clips in search of a little speed. The inventor of Hyperfax lives somewhat local to me, in fact he personally delivers them to my store when I order them. He played around a lot with sleds in the 80s-90s and has told me a few tricks of things they used to do for speed back then.

machine down all friction contact points ? .IE all wheels cut narrower, and hyfax and use plastic or billet wheels. do you think this would help?

po1ar1s.. is your avatar on HCS a couple turbos sitting on a bench? Its spelt the same way so I'm assuming ur the same person.

Yea that's me. I don't race, just trail ride so generally I'm in good snow conditions. Good snow allows me to get away with little to no idler wheels. Takes HP to turn wheels! If I start to have slide wear issues I'll run a set of Hyperfax and that'll be the end of it. I'm not sure that there is any benefit to billet wheels, at one point I had some 10 inch plastic wheels on my 144 FST.

Back
Top Bottom