• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

?? Summerizing your AXYS 800 with eloctronic oil pump ??

racerdave

Staff member
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
since 1976
Snowmobile
AXYS Switcher 800,Indy600sp,XCSP600ves
Has anyone tried the Oil Pump Prime procedure to summerize the motor with? Page 3.36 of the shop manual.Dunno

Last edited:
I'd like to know more on that. Last year I just put polaris fogging oil down the cylinders and turned it over a couple times by hand.

I find the easiest way to fog these motor's, is to put the piston at BDC jack the front end, up put oil in the cylinder through the sparkplug hole, and it will go down the transfers into the crankcase.

I find the easiest way to fog these motor's, is to put the piston at BDC jack the front end, up put oil in the cylinder through the sparkplug hole, and it will go down the transfers into the crankcase.
I agree, better then trying to put little nozzle down in port and losing it.:eek:

I agree, better then trying to put little nozzle down in port and losing it.:eek:
Use a long 1/8 rubber hose, snake it down inside along the cylinder wall till you feel it go into the transfer ports. Put the nozzle in about 3 inchs and squirt away. If it does come out of the spray head, it won't travel down the hose. Did it this way 3 years on my 12 800 Pro r. I am just looking for a easier way.

Manual oil pump prime seems easy enough. Even though Polaris says it just for bleeding out air bubbles or oil pump is replaced.
You need a chassis power up cable though.
Engine off.
Lock parking brake
Push and hold perc button
While pushing perc button open throttle and hold for 15 seconds.

Ecu, pumps oil for 20 seconds after.

Easy enough.

But, I'd still fog it.

When you mention Chassis Power Up Cable - that would be the ECU Power Up Cable right - like what comes with a Bully Dog?

I got mine from slp

I have the correct terminals and cable plug end, I will make my own.

Manual oil pump prime seems easy enough. Even though Polaris says it just for bleeding out air bubbles or oil pump is replaced.
You need a chassis power up cable though.
Engine off.
Lock parking brake
Push and hold perc button
While pushing perc button open throttle and hold for 15 seconds.

Ecu, pumps oil for 20 seconds after.

Easy enough.

But, I'd still fog it.
I know this is a little off topic but my 2016 SKS seems to use excessive injection oil , nothing but Polaris Gold has been used in it from day one 7- gallons in 2600 miles 250 mile day drains the tank down to add line never seen any of my sleds use this much . Anyone here of others?

I know this is a little off topic but my 2016 SKS seems to use excessive injection oil , nothing but Polaris Gold has been used in it from day one 7- gallons in 2600 miles 250 mile day drains the tank down to add line never seen any of my sleds use this much . Anyone here of others?
How many hours on it? Mine used a lot until after 18 engine hours break in was over

How many hours on it? Mine used a lot until after 18 engine hours break in was over
At 2,600 miles break in surely is long over, unless it was resett for some reason

I know I am not near yooper 8's oil usage. Maybe a qt in 150 miles? Really not sure as I run 2 sleds out of the same open jug till a new jug is needed.

When you mention Chassis Power Up Cable - that would be the ECU Power Up Cable right - like what comes with a Bully Dog?
Ecu power up cable can be purchased from Polaris or others.
Slp #20-212 ecu power up cable $27.95
Polaris #PS-47296-b is about $50.00

Or you can make your own. Just go to most auto parts stores. Get the right end to plug in ecu power up white plug , get some wire and a small positive and negative clamps.
Solder it together.

At 2,600 miles break in surely is long over, unless it was resett for some reason

I know I am not near yooper 8's oil usage. Maybe a qt in 150 miles? Really not sure as I run 2 sleds out of the same open jug till a new jug is needed.
88 hrs on it runs good never any problems just going through a lot of oil

[QUOTE="Pro ride yooper 800, post: excessive injection oil , nothing but Polaris Gold has been used in it from day one 7- gallons in 2600 miles 250 mile day drains the tank down to add line never seen any of my sleds use this much .[/QUOTE]

That's about the average use on the axys 800.

I'd rather see it use oil then not. Believe me, the oil is doing its job.
The ecu knows when your hard on the throttle to make electric oil pump use more too by the way.
If you just coast at 20-50% throttle you would use less oil, but there ain't no fun in that,lol

[QUOTE="Pro ride yooper 800, post: excessive injection oil , nothing but Polaris Gold has been used in it from day one 7- gallons in 2600 miles 250 mile day drains the tank down to add line never seen any of my sleds use this much .

That's about the average use on the axys 800.

I'd rather see it use oil then not. Believe me, the oil is doing its job.
The ecu knows when your hard on the throttle to make electric oil pump use more too by the way.
If you just coast at 20-50% throttle you would use less oil, but there ain't no fun in that,lol[/QUOTE]
Thanks

Ecu power up cable can be purchased from Polaris or others.
Slp #20-212 ecu power up cable $27.95
Polaris #PS-47296-b is about $50.00

Or you can make your own. Just go to most auto parts stores. Get the right end to plug in ecu power up white plug , get some wire and a small positive and negative clamps.
Solder it together.
Do you know what the pinouts are? which is positive and which is negative? I haven't looked so it might be blatantly obvious but figured Bertrand safe than sorry. Sure am not just gonna try and see on my sled

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom