• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

T Map sensor

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
image.jpeg
the t map as we know is located in the air intake and measures intake temperatures and barometric pressure
We're it's located is were under hood heat gets to it.
The warmer the more it leans out fuel on the temp side.
This can be resolved by a resistor or by moving thermistor to a cooler location
I've put an 800 ohm resistor on and cools down by about 15 degrees c
Pins 1&2 is temp and is 2000 ohms @ 25 degrees c stock.
I'm looking at moving the thermistor only and keeping the t map in the same place.
This would make it run cooler and richen the fuel a little which is a good thing . It would be more consistent if it was moved were under hood heat can't influence the fuel map and still be in the intake. I have a spot for it
It may not seem much to you guys but it's a big deal.

Keep tuned in as I try on dw and dyno soon

This was an issue with the Pro-Ride chassis.
I was hoping that was resolved on the Axys chassis.
Guess not:Banghead

Move to...Like into the plenum area?

Move up higher near air intake but still connected to air box
This has been a problem for many years were t map is located
But this can be rectified by moving just the thermistor part of t map that reads temperature

So you will remove the resistor pins/wire from the connector and jumper them up to, or run the removed wire/pins to where you want the new resistor to read from? any pics of this yet?

Yeah that sensor is tucked down in a warmer area I agree. I am with Dave here can't wait to see where your thinking.

I don't wanna confuse you guys with a resistor vs the thermistor. Two different ways of doing this.

Wires may have to be stripped/pulled for this.
At least the ground will be . The t map won't be moved

In polaris's defence, they have little room were to place the t map

I'll take pics when my new assault arrives

Now, a resistor that I have tested is 817 ohms and makes it read 15 degrees Celsius cooler. This can been done also. But I don't wanna go this route.

I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative then you guys purchasing a bullydog. Not that I wanna take sales away from anyone. Just a cheaper alternative

Careful - they don't give those T-Map sensors away cheap.

great idea Brock has , I think the easiest way to do this is buy another tmap sensor and mount it else where away from the under hood heat. then simply pull only wires for the air intake temp sensor from the old t-map sensor leaving pins 3,4,and 5 for the baro. just extend wires for pins 1 and 2 from existing sensor (don't cut anything, attach wires so they could be put back in original connector,later on if you wish).run the two wires up to the new mounted T-map and connect wires to pin position 1 and 2. know you have a remote mounted air intake sensor..simple..From here you could manipulate the signal from the thermistor and tell the ecu the outside temp is different from what is really is and build a map from your pvc to correct the mapping.this way is more complicated but can work as well to fine tune the fuel mapping..and the sled will still compensate as the temp gets colder..are you confused yet..lol

Thanks Doc, the only reason I'm not buying another t map is cause it's expensive . A thermistor is way cheaper plus it comes with 24" of wire plus protector
Just drill a small hole, insert thermistor and fasten with sealant and rivets .
Pull ground and temp wires out of back of t map. Connect ground to new thermistor and stock t map, connect temp wire to thermistor.
It's simple
And you'll never have to worry about under hood heat leaning out the fuel or pulling timing .

I've ordered some and will instal as soon as the new sled arrives

As long as the temps are cold it's no bother to install this really .

If your grass dragging, then yes

Back
Top Bottom