• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

TEAM Full Progressive Helix

JohnnyBravo

So, I'm well aware of the great all around advantages of the 50-44 versus the stock helix. However, is there really a performance difference jumping to a 52-46 from the 50-44? Pros/Cons??

I only ask because my helix is a dual angle with these two angles listed.

Yes there is a difference, 2degrees is alot.should be noticable. The 52 might be a bit to aggressive for slow trail.You might get away with it on fast trail, but much better for just drag racing if you can pull it. The 46 is going to load the big end also and pull down your rpm. You may get this to work but you might have to put a stronger spring in the secondary, and that may defeat your purpose.

Thanks Doc. My initial thoughts were that the 52-46 would be snappier on the trail versus the 50-44, but wasn't sure. I am very happy with my current set-up. Don't want to go backwards since I already have things dialed in pretty darn good.

I have used a 56/42 and a 56/40. Both full progressive helixs. But only for ice/grass dragging. Both in 800's rated 150+ hp

Personally,like doc said. I think the 46 is way to much angle for fast trail.
That's kinda a useless two way helix if u ask me?
They should mate it with a 48/44,50/42,52/42

Back
Top Bottom