• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

TERRA-ALPS 840cc STROKER

Dr.Notadoo

HEY GUYS,THIS IS MOSTLY A THANK YOU POST FOR TED. I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY WITH THE JOB HE DID WITH THIS PROJECT. JUST SO I DONT STEP ON ANYONES FEET AS I SAID I WOULDN'T GET TO TECHNICAL IN MY REPORT. ON TEDS END THE WORKMANSHIP IS TOP NOTCH, EVERYTHING HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO DO WITH THE MOTOR HE DID EXCEPT DYNO IT.THATS OK AS HE WAS VERY BUSY AS ALOT OF YOU GUYS KNOW THAT TRIED TO CONTACT HIM. THE MOTOR IS VERY STRONG AND CANT WAIT TO LINE UP AGAINST SOME OTHER PEOPLE AND SEE HOW IT PERFORMS. I DID RUN MY BUDDYS PIPED ,CLUTCHED,AND GEARED AXYS AND HAD HIM BY OVER A BUS LENGTH,AND I WENT ON HIS GO. THE PISTON SPEED ON THE STROKER IS AWESOME..ACCELERATES VERY HARD. I AM RUNNING A JAWS SINGLE WHICH I LIKE ALOT WITH THIS PACKAGE, THIS IS WHERE I WAS ASKED TO BE DISCREAT: AT 8400-8450 THE MOTOR MADE ALMOST 20% MORE HORSE POWER AND TORQUE OVER STOCK. THIS IS A GREAT GAIN OVER STOCK. THESE # ARE RAW HORSE POWER AND TORQUE, NO CORRECTION!!! BEST OF ALL I CAN RUN ON THE TRAIL WITH STOCK MAPPING WITH NO ISSUES IN NON-ETH MODE. FOR THE LONGER RACES I USE MY MAP SWITCH TO ADD SOME TIMING AND FUEL TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE,AND ONLY AT 100% THROTTLE.

I'm happy your 840+ cc works bud. We all know you waited very long as I did. Good communication is the key.
I wanna see this on Jim's dyno soon.

That's a great question, there are advantages and disadvantages both ways. Major disadvantage to the big bore is boring and replating, ur thinning the cylinder walls and changing the ability to absorb heat. Can't use cast pistons unless you have some custom made cuz the pin diameter is to large. That would be very exspensive. Over boring is old school technology to making more power.
Biggest drawback to the stroker is will the crank hold up?Talk to any engine builder and they will tell you to stroke the crank as far as you can. This plays a huge part in the sleds ability to accelerate. HSK dyno tested several 860 big bores and hp out put is the same as the 840 which is 15-20cc smaller , and has been around longer to fine tune. So pick ur poison...I've had both, I like the longer stroke.

I Like the 840 kit. How about that 901? Is it to extreme for trail riding? That 840 stroker should be more reliable for the trail than the 860.

Is the 840 kit something you can buy and do your self or do you have to send out the jugs like a 860 or 901

After the crank is done, the upper case half needs to be relieved , cylinder ported and assembled and you have to run his head

So I have to send him my 800 motor in my sledad to him then? I need another 800 motor that I can do all this to lol

That's what I did, costs more but I have a complete motor and my stock one on the shelf.this way I can pull the 840 and put the stocker in and sell it without loosing my mod

Ya that's exactly what I wanna do. It's worth the extra money. How much more was it to just buy it done like that?

AS YOU GUYS KNOW SOME OF US WERE IN QUEBEC LAST WEEKEND.THE 840 HAS OVER 1100 MILES ON IT.NOT ONE ISSUE,NO DET, NO FAILURES OF ANY KIND. THIS MOTOR IS AS DURABLE AS IT WAS STOCK,BUT WITH MORE TORQUE AND POWER. I HAVE BUILT TWO MAPS FOR THIS SLED, MAP ONE HAS NO FUEL ADDED, ACTUALLY TAKING ABOUT 3% OUT ON THE WHOLE MAP,WITH SOME TIMING ADDED ON THE BIG END. MAP TWO IS 2% RICHER EVERWHERE IN CASE OF POOR FUEL. LAST WKEND I RAN IN 91 NON-ETH MODE 85% OF THE TIME IN MAP ONE. NUMEROUS LAKE PULLS WITH THE GUYS, NO ISSUES AFR IS WAY SAFE. ON THE TRAIL RUNNING 60-100 MPH AT TIMES AT HALF TO THREE QUARTER THROTTLE WHERE THE SLED NEEDS FUEL TO STAY ALIVE .AFR READINGS VERY HAPPY,NO DRY-OUT HERE. THESE MOTORS ARE VERY DURABLE WE POUNDED THE CRAP OUT OF ALL OF THEM ,NO FAILURES. VERY FAST PACE, THE MOTORS NEVER REALLY GOT ANY TIME TO REST...SO AT THE PUMP FUEL CONSUMPTION IS LIKE IT WAS WITH THE 800HO IF YOU WERE WONDERING. THX FOR YOUR TIME...

AS YOU GUYS KNOW SOME OF US WERE IN QUEBEC LAST WEEKEND.THE 840 HAS OVER 1100 MILES ON IT.NOT ONE ISSUE,NO DET, NO FAILURES OF ANY KIND. THIS MOTOR IS AS DURABLE AS IT WAS STOCK,BUT WITH MORE TORQUE AND POWER. I HAVE BUILT TWO MAPS FOR THIS SLED, MAP ONE HAS NO FUEL ADDED, ACTUALLY TAKING ABOUT 3% OUT ON THE WHOLE MAP,WITH SOME TIMING ADDED ON THE BIG END. MAP TWO IS 2% RICHER EVERWHERE IN CASE OF POOR FUEL. LAST WKEND I RAN IN 91 NON-ETH MODE 85% OF THE TIME IN MAP ONE. NUMEROUS LAKE PULLS WITH THE GUYS, NO ISSUES AFR IS WAY SAFE. ON THE TRAIL RUNNING 60-100 MPH AT TIMES AT HALF TO THREE QUARTER THROTTLE WHERE THE SLED NEEDS FUEL TO STAY ALIVE .AFR READINGS VERY HAPPY,NO DRY-OUT HERE. THESE MOTORS ARE VERY DURABLE WE POUNDED THE CRAP OUT OF ALL OF THEM ,NO FAILURES. VERY FAST PACE, THE MOTORS NEVER REALLY GOT ANY TIME TO REST...SO AT THE PUMP FUEL CONSUMPTION IS LIKE IT WAS WITH THE 800HO IF YOU WERE WONDERING. THX FOR YOUR TIME...
So with this being said, it would be safe to say that you can run a jaws pipe on a stock 16 with no fuel controller? Thanks for the info

We pounded the crap out of all 4 axys sleds. They take it. That 840 is a runner for sure, gobs of torque too.
We had 2 stockers with pipes and Pcv, one bmp stage 3 and the 840 stroker.
We beat the fawk out if them, over heated them, beat on them again, raced and raced and raced. These sleds got no rest as doc said.
Don't be afraid to beat on your 800 ho, stock or modded.
We had laptops to help change and tweak.
Leak down and compression test done too. All good.
Ride em like u stole em!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom