• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Thank god my head is attached!

Hillbillyjoe

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
2017 Switchback 800 Pro S
So last March or April maybe I scoured this sight and surmised what might work good for me for clutching and gearing. I wrote it all down so I could source the parts when I had time. That time never came and I decided tonight would be a good time to do so. Well guess that list by my night stand is gone. I hate asking for what is ready available but not sure I want to reread the whole axys forum either. I'd like to ask for the advice of you experts and I will list my details below.
I am an aggressive trail rider mostly concerned about 0-100 and I weight about 260lbs with gear.
My sled is a 2017 Switchback pro s 800 w/ 144 trail studs other wise stock
I don't mind spending a little money but prefer to take the more frugal route where possible. Any suggestions are welcome. Also depending on conditions my sled will turn up to 8400 rpm and I have seen 109 on hero snow with more on tap when I was breaking it in. Thanks for any input.

I changed my gearing to 1.81 and feel it is best for more technical trail riding. It really shines 0-80. The areas I ride really allow for me to get this sled over 100 and when they do it is very short. For that reason I could careless about top end. My sled gets to 101 with this gearing which is ok with me. I ran 1.74 gearing before this and would top out at 108 so I lost top end but the extra acceleration gained was worth it. Think of a +1,-2 sprocket change on an R1/R6(whichever weapon you choose on the street). That is what changing to 1.81 will do to your sled. One thing worth noting is my mpg's have gone down from about 12 to 10.5mpg since I changed from stock to 1.81.

Last edited:
So last March or April maybe I scoured this sight and surmised what might work good for me for clutching and gearing. I wrote it all down so I could source the parts when I had time. That time never came and I decided tonight would be a good time to do so. Well guess that list by my night stand is gone. I hate asking for what is ready available but not sure I want to reread the whole axys forum either. I'd like to ask for the advice of you experts and I will list my details below.
I am an aggressive trail rider mostly concerned about 0-100 and I weight about 260lbs with gear.
My sled is a 2017 Switchback pro s 800 w/ 144 trail studs other wise stock
I don't mind spending a little money but prefer to take the more frugal route where possible. Any suggestions are welcome. Also depending on conditions my sled will turn up to 8400 rpm and I have seen 109 on hero snow with more on tap when I was breaking it in. Thanks for any input.

2.86 pitch or 2.52 pitch drivers?

2.86 pitch or 2.52 pitch drivers?
It is the 2.86 pitch. I was thinking of the 1.74 ratio with adjustable weights. I see a couple guys have them in the classified section here. One is the BMP Goldstar and I had those on my last sled. The other is SSI that I am not familiar with. Not sure if they are a good idea or if buying them from someone I don't know is a good idea either.

Any advice for helix and secondary spring as well as primary spring?

120/310 primary spring and 10-68 weights. All Polaris parts, are a good start and easily sourced.

Back
Top Bottom