• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

The re-flash for 2016's that the 17's have.

Poopoo4me

Is there any reason to not run this re-flash. I did have a couple mornings where I had to give it a little flipper to get it to start. Pulled once and it kinda coughed and then pull and pull and wouldn't start. Pushed the flipper a bit and started no problem. Just wondering if there is any down side to the update/flash. Going to get my baby back in oct and didn't know if I should do it or not.

I am wondering this as well? Johnnybravo on here said greg from jaws is saying don't do the reflash update. But I have no idea why. I am guessing Like I said on another thread, I doubt the mapping was changed other than the programming for the idle voltage. Problem is they used the same ECU program on the 16 as the 15 had but they changed the TPS in some way. The 15 had idle voltage spec of 0.913 +- 0.01 Volts DC. And 16s have 0.940 +- 0.01 Volts DC. So I am thinking on 16s the TPS sees .94 volts, it thinks need to give more than idle fuel, but your not touching gas/throttle bodies is closed, you get hard starting, rough idling sled, disco headlights, and so on. I had to hold throttle wide open often which shuts fuel off to clear it out to get mine to start. At least how I am understanding this. Not sure why anyone would no want to get the remap?

Also all the 17s will have this map are they all going to get spanked from the older 15/16s??? I don't think so.
If you update and it doesn't run like you want and can't roll back not sure how that works if you can or not, always can get a Bullydog and run the bikeman map tune.

I have a 15 and re did my TPS last season to .921 and it runs great have the SSI pipe mod and PC with the map from Dyno Tech and it pulls 8300 with 11-72, not sure I would want any other maps!

The map is only for 2016s not 15s if you read what I wrote they changed something in the TPS for 16 so the map they had for 15s isn't working right. I also believe the new map is the same one the 17s will have

I have a 15 and re did my TPS last season to .921 and it runs great have the SSI pipe mod and PC with the map from Dyno Tech and it pulls 8300 with 11-72, not sure I would want any other maps!
The tps is the biggest part of starting issues , and being a fat map from factory doesn't help.
Make sure your tps is set right along with cable free play. Plates should be opening 100%

Well right or wrong I am getting the re-flash. Guess I will find out soon enough. Anyone heard anymore on this?

Back
Top Bottom