• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

The Storm 150 track - Studs

mcAxysSB44

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2019 Polaris 850 Indy XC
For those who are getting the Indy XC with the Storm 150 track (and are planning to stud it)... what are you thinking for what kind/brand of studs and length?

I am going to run Woody's Triggers 1.63 long 3 per bar in center panels. Going to leave out side unstudded for better turning ability. If I need more studs will add on the outside windows every other one.

Your out side studs are going to be one size shorter, due to the tunnel protection not going all the way to the front.. maybe even two sizes. Best advice is just do the center and send it..

O ya.. INS hornets currently running 1.890 in canter band and 1.540s on the outside. Was using just the center band and I think it was fine like that..1.640s would be what most guys will use

Does the way woodys measure their studs compare shorter than how others measure their studs? What I mean is isn't a woodys 1.575 stud the same height/length as an 1.64 INS hornet? I just remember there is something different on how the different brands all measure them. As of now, I am looking at going with the 1.575" woodys megabites or gold diggers. For the 1.5" lug Storm track... the Woodys chart says the penetration range with the 1.575" studs is .345-.375 (and they recommend a penetration maximum of 3/8").

Last edited:
I'll just be studding down the center (135). I am down to 3 choices for studs (1.64 INS Hornets vs 1.575 Woodys Gold Diggers vs 1.74 Woodys Megabites) . Ive noticed the 1.64 INS Hornets and the 1.575 Woodys Gold Digger studs have just about the same overall stud length (1.993") that would provide a penetration range of .345-.375 (about 3/8th). The big question for me is there enough clearance to go with the Woodys 1.74 (which would provide about a 1/2" penetration)? Thoughts?

Ok , so this is a 2019 xc Indy 129 correct? If so the hyfax used for protection on this model goes all the way to the front, this is not the case on s 2018 Assault. The 19 is full length, that’s a good thing. I’ve run a storm track in an assault I used 1.890 hornets in the center band. You should not have a problem on the xc because of the protection going all the way to the front.

Ok , so this is a 2019 xc Indy 129 correct? If so the hyfax used for protection on this model goes all the way to the front, this is not the case on s 2018 Assault. The 19 is full length, that’s a good thing. I’ve run a storm track in an assault I used 1.890 hornets in the center band. You should not have a problem on the xc because of the protection going all the way to the front.

Yep, correct...2019 Indy xc 129.

I'm thinking I'm going to use 1.74 Woodys Megabites (mainly because I already have a few hundred of them in my shop). Just need to check clearances after I get the sled home. Still kicking around using Performance Star Stud backers or just woodys double and single backers ?
http://www.performancestudstars.com/

I'm thinking I'm going to use 1.74 Woodys Megabites (mainly because I already have a few hundred of them in my shop). Just need to check clearances after I get the sled home. Still kicking around using Performance Star Stud backers or just woodys double and single backers ?
Please report back once you check clearances. Thanks!

Those stud stars are exspensive!

I got the Cobra track and plan to run 1.45 gold diggers. Still trying to decide on 2 or 3 per row. Anyone know if we need to buy the Polaris tunnel protectors if we can just use Hyfax on these sleds?

For the tunnel protection what type of hyfax was being used my deal told me that the tunnel protectors were on B/O I'd like to call them an tell to try this angle thanks for any info

Back
Top Bottom