• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Thinking of going Polaris

Canukkidd

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2017 MXZ 850X
Have been a BRP guy all my life. Thinking of trying a 2018 Switchback Pro S.
Looking for your thoughts, how are they as far as ride, is adjusting the suspension easy to do, I am a 95% trail rider, own a 2017 MXZ 850X now.

Last edited:
I had a 2016 800 Switchback Pro S for the last 3 years. Probably the fun-est sled I've had and I've owned many. The rear is an un-coupled suspension so the front end is very playful. Lean/sit back and you can hang the skis all you want which makes it nice for pounding over bumps. Get your weight forward and they rail around corners. The axys chassis and front end imo is the best chassis out there. The fun factor on these sleds is awesome! I also have a 2014 Doo with the r-motion which rides nice. When comparing the two the Pro S is very close but if youre 200lbs or more you might find the rear suspension (especially the center shock) too soft. I go about 235lbs so I had both rear shocks re-valved and re-sprung by HyGear to match my weight and riding style which made the sled perfect. The adjustments are easy to make. You'll want to run the center shock/spring on the softer side and use the rear shock clicker and spring to dial everything in and make changes when conditions change. The rear clicker and spring is right there in the open to make easy adjustments.

It's a considerably different ride vs the MXZ. Not saying the MXZ isn't a good sled, just find the Axys chassis to be a whole bunch more fun. Do offer Kudo's to Doo on the pull of that 850 and how downright stingy it is on fuel. Still would not trade my '16 Pro S 800 Rush for one.

I suspect you'd get a bit smoother ride going to the 137" Pro S setup. That's just based on what i've heard guys tell me though comparing the two.

Back
Top Bottom